The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has revealed a new drug Nigerian youths take to feel intoxicated.
Shehu Dankolo, Head of Drug Reduction of the NDLEA in Adamawa State revealed that some Nigerian youths now take processed urine to feel “high” as the ban on some abused drugs have made them relatively expensive.
“There are certain controlled drugs, particularly codeine cough syrup. You know, federal government clamped seriously on them. Some of the companies closed down. So, the cough syrup that was initially N250 per bottle, but it is now sold for about N4,000. The same thing with tramadol which was N50 but is now about N500.
“Because these abused but banned drugs are so scarce and costly or entirely out of reach, people improvise other things. I won’t include so much detail so that people don’t read this and begin to experiment.
“There is a way they process urine. They take it and become intoxicated. There is a way they put maggi in some energy drinks and it gives them intoxication. There is a certain sweet they put in half bottle of water which they cover up and leave for some days. They form such other things. There are what we call new psychoactive substances. That is why drug abuse is difficult to tackle” he said.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Titan Trust Bank Recruitment 2021/2022 For Graduates
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- Massive Recruitment At Wema Bank Plc ( Apply Now )
- Saroafrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (East, West & South)
- SaroAfrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (North and Middle-Belt)
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021/2022 – NCS Application Form & Portal Registration