An Army Lance Corporal, Babangida Ibrahim has been given a total of 55 years imprisonment for killing a Staff of the World Health Organisation (WHO), working in Zamfara State and stealing his property.
The sentence was handed down by a General Court Martial presided over by Major General PB Fekrogha on Wednesday.
The Court Martial, which sat at the Command Officers Mess 1, Asokoro, Abuja, found Lance Corporal Ibrahim guilty on all four counts.
According to Vanguard, for Count One, Lance Corporal Ibrahim was sentenced to 40 years imprisonment, Count 2, Five years imprisonment, Count 3, Five years imprisonment and Counts 4, Five years imprisonment. However, Counts 2, 3 & 4 are to run concurrently.
According to the facts of the case, Lance Corporal Babangida Ibrahim, while on deployment on Operation Mesa to fight banditry in Zamfara State, at about 10 pm on August 11, 2014, without justification, shot and killed Mr Bello Aliyu Abdullahi (WHO Staff) with his personal AK 47 rifle.
Thereafter, Lance Corporal Ibrahim at about 4 am, broke into the house of Mr Bello, located at Gidan-Dari, Anka LGA, Zamfara State. He stole the Gionee E3 and a Nokia handset belonging to Mr Bello.
Lance Corporal Ibrahim also dishonestly took the Honda Accord car belonging Mr Bello with registration number TRK 414 AA, containing one Laptop computer and the sum of #6,000, which he subsequently moved to Kaduna where his family resides and was using the car as a personal car before investigators arrested him.
Lance Corporal Babangida Ibrahim was charged on four counts and they are Count One, Committing Civil Offence, Culpable Homicide by virtue of section 114 of the Armed Forces Act, Cap A20, Laws of AFN 2004.
Count 2, House Breaking, punishable under section 110 (a) of Armed Forces Act, Cap A20 LFN 2004.
Count 3, Offence of Theft, contrary to section 286 of the penal code and punishable under section 287 of the penal code Cap P2 LFN 2004, triable by virtue of section 114 of the Armed Forces Act, Cap A20 LFN 2004.
Count 4, Theft, contrary to section 286 of the penal code and punishable under section 287 of the penal code Cap P 2, LFN 2004.
Members of the General Court Martial are Major General PB Fakrogha, President, Brigadier General JO OchaiBrigadier General POE Pearse, Brigadier General EJ Ikomi, Brigadier General AL Okpodu, Brigadier General SD Makulo, Col MK Ibrahim, Col L Abubakar, Col MA Yusuf and Captain KC Ogili (Judge Advocate).
The Prosecution Council for the Nigerian Army was led by Major Dipreye Biambo while the Defence Counsel for the accused soldier was led by Barr. Felix Jimba.
The President of the GCM, however, disclosed that the judgment and sentence is subject to confirmation by the convening authority which is the Nigerian Army.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Service Executive Conversion Programme
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Jobs in Nigeria for Academic Staff at American University of Nigeri
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august