11 Top Nigerian newspapers • Nigerian Newspapers Read them Online.
1. Reps reject bill proposing 70 years as age limit for president
The Nigerian House of Representatives on Wednesday trashed a bill which proposed 70 years as age limit for any individual vying for the office of the president.
2. 930 fresh COVID-19 Confirmed take Nigeria’s total caseload to 75,062. More recoveries confirmed
The Nigeria Center for Disease Control NCDC, has said that Nigeria on Wednesday recorded 930 fresh COVID-19 cases.
3. Abducted Katsina Sciences Secondary Students located in Zamfara forest – Governor Masari
The Katsina State Governor, Aminu Bello Masari, on Wednesday said, the college students Kidnapped by armed bandits in the state last week had been located in a forest in Zamfara.
4. Nigeria Government signs agreement with WHO, Gavi Alliance on COVID-19 vaccine
The Minister of Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire, on Wednesday said, the Federal Government has signed up with the World Health Organisation(WHO), Gavi Alliance and manufacturers in order to procure COVID-19 vaccine. Read More
5. Nigeria’s problems are beyond restructuring – Sanusi
The deposed Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, on Wednesday, warned Nigerians against the increasing agitation for restructuring of Nigeria, saying some of the country’s problems are beyond restructuring.
6. NSE: Investors’ interest in consumer goods and bank stocks drives N140bn gain
Trading on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) ended in the positive for Nigeria for the third time this week on Wednesday as many investors’ renewed interest in consumer goods and bank stocks boosted the N140.034 billion gain.
7. Prices of vehicles to increase next year —Motor dealers
Motor dealer has said the costs of imported vehicles will rise sharply beginning from 2021 once the Fuel Grade and Vehicle Emission Standards Regulations of the Economic Community of West African States are implemented. The Association of Motor Dealers of Nigeria (AMDON) Made this know at their annual General meeting.
8. Nigerian govt asks National Assembly for fresh review of 2020 budget
The Nigerian government has sent a written request to the National Assembly, seeking a new review of the 2020 budget. The the 2021 budget was postponed Read More
9. Another round of banking consolidation inevitable –McKinsey
Another round of banking consolidation is inevitable for lenders to thrive by growing capital base quicker than inflation rates and devaluation of the naira, management consulting firm McKinsey & Company said in a report on Tuesday.
10. Ajayi gets new manager as Sam Allardyce takes over at West Brom
Super Eagles forward, Semi Ajayi will be playing under a new manager at his club, West Brom following the arrival of Sam Allardyce.
11. MTN MTN Releases Link On NIN Linkage With Sim Card.