Good Morning , Here are 20 Things You Need To Know From Nigerian Newspapers, This Friday morning, March 26, 2021
1. Lai Mohammed bemoans ‘unfair’ assessment of Buhari’s administration
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has rejected the assessment of the Buhari administration by the Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre (CISLAC).
2. Buhari’s body language on insecurity sending wrong signals —PFN
The Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN), has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to speak up on the worsening insecurity in the country and to call his ‘kinsmen’ to order as they allegedly go about killing Nigerians and causing mayhem in every part of the country.
3. I handed over $15.8m to Suswam at his Abuja residence –Witness insists
The fourth prosecution witness in the trial a former governor of Benue State, Gabriel Suswam before Justice Ahmed Ramat Mohammed of the Federal High Court, Abubakar Umar, on Wednesday March 24, 2021 narrated how he handed over the sum of $15.8m to the former governor at his Maitama residence, Abuja.
4. IPOB mocks Army, Police, calls them cowards for tackling ESN
The proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has mocked the Chief of Army Staff (CoAS), Lt.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, and the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Adamu, over their recent warnings that the military and the police would deal with individuals and groups threatening the corporate existence of the country.
5. 97 new COVID-19 cases take Nigeria’s total to 162,275. Deaths, recoveries updated
6. 2023: Northern group backs power shift to South, lists Tinubu, Amaechi among Buhari’s possible successor
A group in the Northern part of Nigeria, the Arewa Mandate Initiative (AMI) expressed its support for the return of power to the Southern part of the country in 2023.
7. OANDO: Court nullifies sack of Wale Tinubu, others, fines SEC N250,000
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has been told it has no authority in non-capital matters as Oando’s director, Yakubu Gumel, obtained a court order nullifying the sack of the management.
8. NNPC recorded ₦24.19bn trading surplus in December – Report
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) recorded ₦24.19billion trading surplus in December 2020.
9. Nigeria’s stock market positive trend continues. WAPIC, Neimeth among top gainers
The positive trend in the Nigerian Stock Exchange continued on Thursday with equity capitalisation rising from N20.44 trillion to N20.55 trillion at the close of trading.
10. The Gambia secures first-ever Nations Cup qualification
The Gambia have secured their ticket to next year’s Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) after defeating Angola 1-0 at home on Thursday. Nigerian Newspapers
- Governor Muhammad Badaru Abubakar of Jigawa State, yesterday, described President Muhammadu Buhari as the best thing to happen to Nigeria. Speaking when he featured on Politics Today, a Channels Television programme, the governor said Buhar has recorded a lot of achievements.
Worried by the growing menace of drug abuse in Nigeria, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) yesterday, indicated moves to establish scientific laboratories across the 36 States of the Federation. The Director-General of the NDLEA, raised the issue in a paper he presented to the Senate Committee on Drugs and Narcotics on Thursday at a public hearing.
A High Court in Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State on Thursday, sentenced a professor of the University of Calabar, Peter Ogban, to three years in prison for announcing false election result in favour of the APC candidate, Godswill Akpabio during the Akwa Ibom North-West Senatorial District election in 2019.
The Federal Government, yesterday, said it subsidises Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) otherwise known as petrol with about N120 billion ($263,248 million) monthly. Group Managing Director (GMD), Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mele Kyari, made the disclosure yesterday. From Vanguard Nigerian Newspapers
President Muhammadu Buhari has identified a lack of employment prospects and opportunities in most rural communities as a major contributor to insecurity in the country. President Buhari spoke when he granted audience to the Fertiliser Producers and Suppliers Association of Nigeria (FEPSAN), at the State House, Abuja, yesterday.
About 30 students were on Thursday, discharged from hospital as a result of uncertain sickness which hit the Government Girls College (GGC), in Sokoto State. Director of Public Health, Ministry of Health, Abdurrahman Dantsoho, who disclosed this to newsmen yesterday, confirmed that the incident occurred on March 23 and the infected students were taken to the specialist hospital where they were treated and discharged.
Check Punch Nigerian Newspapers
- President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, called on the international community to further collaborate on tackling some of the major threats across the globe, including terrorism, insurgency, and climate change, warning that the growing challenges pose a real threat to human existence. Buhari made the call when he received letters of credence from the High Commissioner of The Gambia, Mohamadou Musa Njie and others.
Statistics released by the National Drug Law and Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) yesterday, showed that a total of 126 Nigerians across 14 states have been sentenced to various jail terms for offences bordering on drug trafficking between January and February 2021. This was contained in a statement issued by the Director of Media and Advocacy, Mr Femi Babafemi on Thursday.
The Federal Government on Thursday said it was satisfied with the turnout of Nigerians for COVID-19 vaccination as the number of vaccinated persons rose to 325,514. The Executive Director of the National Primary Healthcare Development Agency, Dr Faisal Shuiab stated this yesterday.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, has confirmed 97 new cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in 14 states and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. The health agency made the announcement on Thursday night while giving an update on new cases via its official website.
The Nation Newspaper , Headlines Nigerian Newspapers, Major Headlines For Nigerian Nigerian Newspapers
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal