Nigerian Newspapers, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Naija News, the nigerian latest news, latest nigerian news papers Today Monday September 26, 2022.
What Nigerian newspapers are saying today?
What Nigerian newspapers are saying according the summary from Nigerian Newspapers and latest news from nigeria today are as follows:
1. On Saturday, a 10-year-old kid drowned in Jigawa’s Buji Local Government Area. The spokesman for the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) in Jigawa, CSC Adamu Shehu, verified this on Sunday in Dutse.
2. Former president Goodluck Jonathan urged Nigerians not to support candidates in the 2023 election who he called “killers.”
3. A video of John Lyon, an alleged kidnapper who is notorious for flaunting money on social media, sobbing like a child while being held by police, has gone viral. The culprit, dubbed “Lion White” by the public, was shown in the video removing his shirt, donning only boxers, and knelt down. Read More
4. Yesterday afternoon, tragedy struck when a commercial bus erupted into flames at Iyana-Oworo in the Gbagada neighbourhood of Lagos State, killing no less than seven passengers, among them a kid. Read More
5. PDP crisis: Atiku moves to break Wike’s ranks, reaches out to allies
Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, and his staff have prepared plans to break Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State’s ranks, and they are ready to execute those plans.
Also, there are significant indications that Governor Wike and others who are sympathetic to his cause may be settling for a replacement for the PDP National Chairman, Senator Iyorchia Ayu, in the person of former Ondo State Governor Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, should their plans be successful.
6. The weekend building collapse in Anambra State claimed the lives of two people who were believed to be carpenters, according to the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).
Pay Attention To Halima Abubukar’s health worsens after exposing Apostle Suleman
7. Despite Governor Hope Uzodimma’s assessment on the country’s abundance of problems, he claimed there is still hope for the nation as she marks her 62nd Independence.
8. Archbishop Daniel Okoh, the recently elected President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), responded to Nigeria’s 62nd Independence Anniversary by stating that despite having 23 years of continuous democracy, the country is still embroiled in group struggles.
9. An unnamed woman who took Mohammed Ibrahim, an 8-day-old twin newborn boy, from a ward at Bauchi’s Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital (ATBUTH), is being sought by the Bauchi Police Command.
10. On Sunday night, the Northern Elders Forum announced that it would put candidates from different political parties vying for support in the north through a tough questioning process until they were persuaded of who had the ability to fix the country.
11. Russian military call-up sparks major exodus
The decision made by President Putin to partially mobilise Russian reservists has resulted in a large number of men leaving the country in an effort to flee the bloodshed in Ukraine.
Fearing that they may be drafted into the Russian military and deployed to fight in Ukraine, thousands of Russian citizens are attempting to leave the country while they still have the chance. Only 300,000 males up to the age of 55 who have previous military experience are being mobilized, according to the claims made by the Russian Ministry of Defense.
However, instances when older people and men without prior military experience have been called up to serve have been documented.
Nigerian Newspapers: Sheggz BBNaija evicted from Big Brother Naija S7
12. More than 20 killed after pilgrim boat capsizes
A boat capsized in a river in Bangladesh on Sunday, leaving at least 24 people dead and many more missing.
Hindu pilgrims who were travelling by boat to a historically significant temple were on board.
The tragedy, which was the deadliest of its sort to occur in Bangladesh this year, happened in the Karotoa River near the town of Boda in the country’s north.
Thanks for reading Nigerian Newspapers Today, Nigeria Newspapers, latest news headlines in nigeria today and Naija News Today, latest nigerian news papers