- The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Sunday announced the final results of the September 22 governorship election, in which the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP led with a total vote of 254, 698. The All Progressives Congress, APC, however, polled a total of 254,345 to come second in the keenly contested exercise. INEC declared that the margin between the PDP and APC which is 353, and the total cancelled ballots totalling 3348 will not make any party a winner of the contest, in line with the electoral act, hence the election remains inconclusive.
Relatively, The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has released a new date for the rerun of the Osun governorship election. INEC announced Thursday, September 27 as the new date for the rerun after declaring the exercise inconclusive.
The resumption of National Assembly plenary has been postponed. This was contained in a terse statement released on Sunday night by M.A. Sani- Omolori, Clerk of the National Assembly. He said the plenary session earlier scheduled for Tuesday, 25th September has been postponed to Tuesday 9th October due to activities of primaries of political parties.Recommended Jobs Apply Now
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Sunday rejected in its entirety, INEC’s declaration of the September 22, Osun governorship election as inconclusive. The party argued that the process was conclusive and that its candidate, Senator Ademola Adeleke, who won a total of 254, 698 votes, is in clear lead and should be immediately declared winner by INEC, having met the requirements of the 1999 Constitution (as amended).
Mr. Kassim Afegbua, a former Special Adviser on Media to the immediate past Governor of Edo State and current national chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Adams Oshiomhole, has defected with thousands of his supporters to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. Afegbua was received by the party’s Chairman, Chief Dan Orbih at Okpella, Etsako East Local Government Area of the state on Sunday.
6 Local divers have recovered six bodies out of the nine people involved in a boat accident at Zabarmari area in Jere Local Government Area of Borno State. Report says the incident occurred on Friday during a boat journey from Zabarmari to Dusuman settlement. Bulama Maidamma, the ward Head of Zabarmari, who confirmed the incident said two females and four males died while three of the passengers were rescued.
7.The Zamfara State Police Command on Sunday said armed bandits abducted seven people from Nahuche village of Bungudu Local Government. The police said the villagers, including a former councillor, Bello Daniya, were kidnapped in the early hours of Sunday. This was confirmed by the state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Mohammed Shehu.
- President of the Senate and Chairman, People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential Council on Osun State Gubernatorial Election, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, has faulted the declaration by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that the election results were inconclusive. Saraki, in a statement, expressed dismay over the decision by INEC to declare as “inconclusive” an election in which a candidate won the highest number of votes and fulfilled the condition for geographical spread. He, however, said that INEC’s declaration was only a postponement of Adeleke’s victory.
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has announced that its Presidential Primaries will now hold on Sept. 27 as against the earlier announced date of Sept. 25. Mr Yekini Nabena, the APC National Publicity Secretary, announced this in a statement on Sunday in Abuja. He added that duly registered party members were to collect their permanent membership cards from their various wards.
- A veteran journalist, Dele Momodu, has appealed to a National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu to forgive the Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode for any “sin” he may have committed. Momodu, who is the Publisher of Ovation Magazine, said Tinubu should forgive Ambode because the APC leader will be held responsible for any “plight” that his face-off with Ambode may cause the state and the party.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer