By : Daily post
- The Super Eagles of Nigeria on Friday brought their World Cup hopes alive after defeating the Vikings of Iceland 2 – 0.
Ahmed Musa was hero of the day with two goals.
- The senator representing Abia South senatorial district and Chairman, Senate Committee on Power, Enyinnaya Abaribe has been arrested.
He was picked up by security operatives in mufti, who trailed him from the National Assembly complex when he was leaving the premises on Friday.
- A group of Christians under the aegis of National Christian Elders Forum, NCEF, championed by a former Minister of Defence, Lt. Gen. Theophilus Danjuma (retd.), and Solomon Asemota (SAN), has warned that Christianity in Nigeria may cease to exist in 25 years from now (2043), beginning from 2018.
Danjuma’s group claimed that the present generation of Christians may be the last set in Nigeria.
- No fewer than 2,000 persons displaced from the northeast part of the country as result of activities of the Boko Haram insurgents are finally returning to their ancestral homes from Abuja and environs where they have been living for years.
Speaking on behalf of the former IDPs, Mrs Maryam Nuhu, called on the relevant authorities to fish out those who have been sponsoring activities of the Boko Haram sect, which had rendered them homeless for years.
- Noble laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, has said he will expose the atrocities of former President Olusegun Obasanjo to Nigerians on July 3.
The literary icon said it was time the old breeds left the political stage, noting that Nigeria cannot continue to recycle old corrupt politicians and geriatrics.
- The presidency has reacted to the response of the National Assembly justifying its amendment of the 2018 Budget.
Presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina, insisted that what the lawmakers did was distortion that would adversely affect some key projects.
- Three hundred and twenty soldiers, who have completed a six-month training at the Nigerian Armed Forces Ressetlement Centre (NAFRC), Oshodi, Lagos, in new skills, have formally retired.
On Friday, soldiers, comprising 262 from the Nigerian Army, 44 from the Nigerian Navy and 14 from the Nigerian Air Force were sent off at a passing-out ceremony held at the Centre.
- The Members of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, has condemned in totality the arrest of Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe by agents of the Department of State Service, DSS.
The group called on President Mohammadu Buhari to ensure immediate release of Senator Abaribe and that failure to do so would force Ndigbo to defend themselves.
- President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of four non-executive directors for the Central Bank of Nigeria.
The Permanent Secretary (General Services Office), Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Olusegun Adekunle, said the new appointees are Adeola Adetunji, Prof. Mike Obadan, Prof. Justitia Nnabuko and Prof. Ummu Ahmed Jalingo.
- The Abuja Division of the Federal High Court, on Friday, aborted bid by the Federal Government to seize funds in all accounts without the Bank Verification Number, BVN.
Don’t miss : Why Journalist Abiri arrested By, DSS
The court, in a judgment that was delivered by Justice Nnamdi Dimgba, held that FG failed to fulfill certain condition precedents that would entitle it to secure final forfeiture order in respect of funds in such accounts.
Pay Attention To:
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise