A Nigerian former nanny — convicted in February, 2019, of killing an 8-month-old baby woman, Enitan Salubi, in 2016 — was sentenced Friday in Prince George’s County, U.S.
Authorities say Oluremi Adeleye, 73, was captured on residence video unscrewing the lid of Enitan’s bottle and pouring round eight ounces of milk down her throat in lower than 30 seconds, “essentially drowning her” in October 2016.
The video additionally reveals the baby going limp and Adeleye rocking her – Adeleye was discovered responsible of second-degree homicide and first-degree and second-degree baby abuse.
She was sentenced to 40 years in jail with all however 15 years suspended as well as to 5 years supervised probation upon release.
The convict testified in her personal protection at her trial. She stated she was “cup-feeding” the baby to guarantee it didn’t go hungry, a customized in Nigeria.
Adeleye had others testify in her protection, saying that cup-feeding — pouring liquid in a single’s hand to feed youngsters after they don’t need to eat however want to be fed — was frequent in Nigeria.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022
- Oando Plc Recruitment 2022 For Graduates Apply now
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022
- Asaba Specialist Hospital Massive Job Recruitment for Graduates and Non-Graduate
- Landmark University Recruitment for Non Academic staff