A 25-year-old dealer, Roy Anozie, on Monday appeared earlier than an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court in Lagos over alleged rape of a 20-year-old woman.
Refusing Anozie’s plea, Magistrate B.O. Osunsanmi directed that the case file ought to be despatched to the state director of public prosecutions for recommendation.
Osunsanmi admitted the defendant to N300,000 bail with two sureties in like sum.
The Justice of the Peace ordered that the sureties should be gainfully employed and present proof of two years’ tax fee to the Lagos State Government.
The defendant, who lives at Alagbado, Lagos, allegedly forcefully had sexual activity with the woman (title withheld) on June 30 at his residence.
“The complainant was bleeding, she went to a police station to report, and the defendant was arrested,’’ the Prosecutor, ASP Ezekiel Ayorinde, instructed the court.
Ayorinde mentioned that the offence contravened the provisions of Section 260 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015, which prescribe life imprisonment for rape.
The case has been adjourned till Sept. 25 for point out, NAN experiences
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
- RECOMMENDED LINKS
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]