A 25-year-old dealer, Roy Anozie, on Monday appeared earlier than an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court in Lagos over alleged rape of a 20-year-old woman.
Refusing Anozie’s plea, Magistrate B.O. Osunsanmi directed that the case file ought to be despatched to the state director of public prosecutions for recommendation.
Osunsanmi admitted the defendant to N300,000 bail with two sureties in like sum.
The Justice of the Peace ordered that the sureties should be gainfully employed and present proof of two years’ tax fee to the Lagos State Government.
The defendant, who lives at Alagbado, Lagos, allegedly forcefully had sexual activity with the woman (title withheld) on June 30 at his residence.
“The complainant was bleeding, she went to a police station to report, and the defendant was arrested,’’ the Prosecutor, ASP Ezekiel Ayorinde, instructed the court.
Ayorinde mentioned that the offence contravened the provisions of Section 260 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015, which prescribe life imprisonment for rape.
The case has been adjourned till Sept. 25 for point out, NAN experiences
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- SaroAfrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (North and Middle-Belt)
- Massive Recruitment At Wema Bank Plc ( Apply Now )
- Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021/2022 – NCS Application Form & Portal Registration
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- Saroafrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (East, West & South)
- Titan Trust Bank Recruitment 2021/2022 For Graduates