The police, on Monday, arraigned one Kehinde Odunlade, 27, in Ile-Ife in Osun for allegedly raping a 15-year-old girl (names withheld).
NAN reports that the defendant was arraigned on a two-count charge of conspiracy and indecent assault.
YOU MAY ALSO READ : Okada Rider kills Boy, Raped Mom Thrice In Oyo State
The Prosecutor, Insp. Sunday Osanyintuyi, had told the court that the defendant committed the offence on Dec. 22, 2019 around 10:00 am., at Igboya area of Ile-Ife.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges preferred against him.
The Defence Counsel, Mr Olurotimi Oyebuade, urged the court to grant his client bail in most liberal terms.
PAY ATTENTION TO : ”You’re not as innocent as you claim” – Lawyer tells ‘gang-rape victim’
Oyebuade also pledged that his client would not jump bail and that he would produce reliable sureties.
Ruling, the Magistrate, Muhibah Olatunji, granted Odunlade bail in the sum of N500,000, with two sureties in like sum.
Olatunji said that the sureties, who must reside within the jurisdiction of the court, must be civil servants not below Grade Level 10 in the ministry and must also swear to affidavit of means.
She added that the sureties must produce three-year tax clearance certificates and that their houses must be verified by the prosecutor.
She, thereafter, adjourned the case till Feb. 10 for hearing
- 2021 Management Trainee Recruitment at 3P Solutions & Company
- Graduate Job Recruitment at Haventis Drugs Limited
- First Bank Nigeria 2021 Massive Recruitment
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria ( January )
- Nigeria Police Force, NPF Microfinance Bank Plc Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 (28 Positions)
- Franchise Governance Officer at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Transaction Trainees Needed in a Reputable Bank in Nigeria
- Jobs In Nigeria at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Akwa Ibom State Teachers Recruitment 2021 ( Massive Recruitment of 10, 000 Graduates )
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to [email protected]