The minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, has said that all teachers in the nation’s educational system without basic qualifications will be sacked by December 31, 2019.
Adamu, who was represented by the Executive Secretary, Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC), Prof. Hamid Boboyi, disclosed this on Monday in Benin at the Edo Summit theme: “Edo of our dream, investing in people.”
“We must stop recruiting unqualified teachers into the system especially when we have many qualified teachers roaming our streets without regular jobs.
“The National Council of Education under my chairmanship has given a clear directive to all our unqualified teachers as well their employers to acquire the requisite qualifications or disengage from teaching on or before December 31, 2019. This remains an irrevocable order of the council,” he said.
The minister expressed President Muhammadu Buhari’s commitment to sustain and fund basic education sub-sector through the UBEC or support state governments, adding that over N258.5 billion has been expended on basic education in the country.
“Between 2015 and 2018, the federal government has allocated to states the sum of N164billion as matching grants, N34.974billion for teachers’ professional development, N52.461billion for instructional materials and N6.994 billion for special education,” he said.
“In addressing this, the ministerial strategy plans to curb this is being actively pursued by all agencies of government.
The Almajiri integration programme and the basic education for all has been re-tooled to meet the need of stakeholders while the basic education delivery for all supported by World Bank has become effective and taken off in earnest.” he said.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]