The Armed Forces of Nigeria reacts to the viral video of some soldiers who were ambushed by Boko Haram raining curses on Chief of Army Staff Buratai.
ALSO READ : Buhari Sacks NECO Registrar, four top officials
According to the Armed Forces of Nigeria, the soldiers outbursts were due to mental snap/distress occasioned by fog of war and it is the kind of outburst expected in war but the soldiers involved who have been identified would undergo observation and counselling.
See statement shared via their official Twitter page;
OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE TROOPS ON PATROL ENCOUNTER IMPROVISED EXPLOSIVE DEVICE/TERRORISTS AMBUSH EIGHT KILOMETRES AHEAD OF BUNI-GARI, YOBE STATE The Troops of Combat Team 1, Operation KANTANA JIMLAN on long range admin patrol along Buni Yadi – Buni Gari axis encountered multiple Improvised Explosive Devices and Boko Haram Terrorists’ ambush, eight kilometres ahead of Buni-Gari in Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe State on the 18 of May 2020.
Two soldiers paid the supreme price and three other soldiers sustained injuries as a result of the IED explosion. Additionally, a recovery truck, one troops carrying vehicle and a water tanker that ran into the IED were destroyed by fire.Three terrorists were
neutralized while unconfirmed number escaped with various degrees of injury.
However, due to mental snap/distress occasioned by fog of war, two of the soldiers who escaped the IED and terrorists’ ambush recorded the incident with uncomplimentary remarks, about the Nigerian Army and her leadership, which was released on the social media.
Although this kind of outburst is expected in war, the soldiers involved have been identified and would undergo observation and counselling.
The Armed Forces of Nigeria will remain unwavering in its quest to end the terrorism and will do everything possible to ensure there
is no repeat of this kind of traumatic incident/outburst.
The Military High Command commends troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE for their unwavering determination, hard work and resilience.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development FMARD Recruitment form 2020 for a State Project Internal Auditor (SPIA)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Current Jobs In Nigeria at Jhpiego an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University (15 Positions )
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates