The trending news now is that a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has ordered Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe and two other persons who stood as sureties for the leader of Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, to deposit N100million each as bail bond into the court’s account.
Justice Binta Nyako gave the order on Wednesday in a ruling in which she amended the conditions of the bail she had in April 2017 granted Kanu. The judge explains that the order directing the sureties to pay the money was an order of interim forfeiture.
Recall that Kanu is being prosecuted on charges of treasonable felony. The sureties had earlier on April 25, 2017, signed a bail bond of N100million each to secure the release of Kanu on bail. He had earlier disappeared after an alleged military invasion of his home in, Umuahia, in Abia State on September 14th, 2017. After several adjournments occasioned by the non-appearance of Kanu in court to face trial, Justice Nyako, in a ruling on an application by the prosecution counsel on March 28th, ordered the sureties to either produce the defendant in court, risk arrest or forfeit the bail bond. Having failed to produce Mister Kanu in court as directed, Justice Nyako decided to make the interim order for the bond to be deposited in the account of the Federal High Court within two months.
Read Also: ejesgist.com.ng/tension-in-delta-community-as-man-50-again-beheaded-for-ritualist.html
The two other sureties are Ben Elshalom, a Jewish priest, and Tochukwu Uchendu. They alongside Abaribe guaranteed his bail had been made to sign a bail bond of N100million each which was backed by their landed assets whose documents were deposited in court
Source: Channel TV
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Recruitment at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- Guinness Nigeria Plc Digital & eCommerce Talent Pool Recruitment 2021
- Shell Petroleum Development Company SPDC Recruitment 2021
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org