Taraba state command has arrested a 22-year old Abdulbasit Umar, for alleged aiding kidnap of his own sister (10-year old) on her way to school.
The suspect, alongside two other accomplices, Sadiq Sani and Abdullahi Habib were said to have demanded the sum of N10 million as ransom to free the young girl.
Spokesman of the state police command, DSP David Misal, who paraded the suspects alongside 12 others for kidnapping and armed robbery, explained that officers of the State Investigative Bureau arrested the trio enroute to collect a ransom of N4 million which they later settled for.
The major suspect, Abdulbasit Umar who spoke to newsmen said he had not done such before but needed the money to study abroad.
According to him, “my aim was that after collecting the money, I will proceed with my education abroad.”
One of his accomplice, Sadiq Sani who claimed to be a childhood friend of the major suspect, said he connived with his friend to help him get money from the father.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
- RECOMMENDED LINKS
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]