The Nigerian military has been condemned for killing a most wanted criminal, Terwase Akwase aka Gana after he had surrendered.
The criticism was given by Shehu Sani, a former federal lawmaker. Terwase Akwase before his death was a most wanted criminal in Benue State.
The wanted criminal surrendered in Katsina-Ala township stadium in Katsina Ala Local Government Area of Benue North.
It was also reported that Gana was being conveyed to the state’s Government House in Makurdi, the state capital, where he would be received by the state Governor, Samuel Ortom.
Recall that a bounty of N10m was recently placed on Gana, after he was declared wanted.
Shehu Sani said it was wrong to have killed the criminal even after he had surrendered to the army.
However, Nigerian Army on Thursday confirmed the killing of Akwaza, also known as Gana, in Benue State.
The army said he was killed during a gun battle with military men along Gbese-Gboko-Makurdi road, on Tuesday.
Confirming the incident, the Commander, 4 Special Forces Command, Doma, Nasarawa State, Maj. -Gen. Moundhey Ali, said the military men gunned Gana down at a roadblock mounted by the soldiers.
Speaking with reporters, Ali said that 40 armed members of Gana’s gang were also captured during the operation.
He disclosed that several rifles, pump action guns, ammunition, charms and explosives among other items were recovered from the gang.
He said Gana’s corpse has been deposited in an undisclosed mortuary.
Sani, a prominent member of the 9th Assembly and former member of the All Progressives Congress, APC, said, “To ‘kill’ a person who ‘surrendered’ would discourage others from surrendering.”
To ‘kill’ a person who ‘surrendered’ would discourage others from surrendering.
— Senator Shehu Sani (@ShehuSani) September 9, 2020
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Service Executive Conversion Programme
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Jobs in Nigeria for Academic Staff at American University of Nigeri
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august