Nigerian Army Disbands Legal Team, Pulls out of Lagos Panel Investigating Lekki Shooting As More Evidence Resurfaces
For the Lagos State Judicial Panel, the Nigerian Army has disbanded its legal team, effectively pulling out of the investigative hearing as more evidence resurfaces confirming that last October Nigerian soldiers shot peaceful protesters.
READ ALSO :We Treated So Many Gunshot Victims From Lekki Toll Gate – Doctor From Reddington Hospital Gives Bombshell Testimony
S.N. Agwhe, a member of the panel’s military counsel, made the Judicial Panel aware of the development on Saturday.
Agwhe appeared on behalf of the military legal team before the panel, but revealed that the military counsel’s work was completed on 21 November.
“In any subsequent proceedings, we do not have any further mandate to represent the army,” Agwhe told the panel.
He reminded the panel that the head of the military legal team, Akinlolu Kehinde, had previously submitted a memo notifying the panel of the decision.
It was the third time in a row that the Army and its counsel failed to appear before the panel at the last hearing on January 23.
READ ALSO : Unbelievable Story Of Woman Who Hid Her Mother’s Frozen Corpse Inside Freezer For 10 Years
However, panel chairman Doris Okuwobi, a retired judge, warned that when the panel submits its findings to the government, the military would not claim a denial of a fair hearing.
The Army’s withdrawal from the panel comes after Reddington Hospital testified on October 20, 21 and 22 about treating victims of the #EndSARS protest with bullet wounds.
Petitioners alleged that soldiers opened fire on peaceful protesters, killing and injuring several protesters, causing the Army to be summoned before the investigation panel of the judiciary.
After initial denials, the Nigerian Army reluctantly confessed to being at the scene of the Lekki shootings. Nevertheless, it denied opening fire on the protesters, many of whom were sitting on the floor singing the national anthem.
The military claims, however, that officers were sent out to enforce a curfew imposed by the state government of Lagos, but did not open fire on peaceful protesters.
# Nigerian Army Disbands Legal Team
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State