Major General Hassan Ahmed, a former Provost Marshal, was assassinated, according to the Nigerian Army.
The sad story of his death was first reported by Ejes Gist News on Thursday night.
According to a family source, the ambush took place near Abuja’s Abaji neighbourhood.
Major General Hassan Ahmed’s sister, Safina Ahmed, was kidnapped by the unknown gunmen.
When they were attacked, the siblings and the deceased’s driver, Sergeant Bukar, were returning to the nation’s capital from Okene.
Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu, Director Army Public Relations, issued a statement early Friday morning announcing the death.
The incident occurred when the top officer’s vehicle was “attacked by gunmen while passing along the Lokoja – Abuja expressway,” according to the spokesman.
Nwachukwu revealed that an Army delegation led by Major General Anthony Omozoje, Chief of Policy and Plans, had paid a visit to the widow and other members of the grieving family.
Members of the Nigerian Army Officers’ Wives Association (NAOWA), led by Stella Omozoje, Deputy National President, paid a condolence visit as well.
The statement went on to say, “The remains of the dead senior officer will be afforded a dignified burial at the Lungi Barracks Cemetery on Friday, 16 July 2021 by 10 a.m.”
Nwachukwu expressed the condolences of the Chief of Army Staff, Faruk Yahaya, as well as military officers and personnel.
Ahmed was just named a Director at the Army Headquarters in Abuja by Yahaya.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021