Murtala Muhammad Airport
As many as four aviation unions have backed the Organised Labour nationwide strike expected to commence on Monday, The PUNCH reports.
The unions asked their members to withdraw services from all aerodromes nationwide indefinitely.
With this, airspace may not be open for operations from Monday.
This was confirmed to The PUNCH by the General Secretary of the National Union of Aviation Employees, Aba Ocheme.
He said, “Sure. Airports will not operate from Monday.”
The four aviation unions joining the strike are the National Union of Air Transport Employees, National Association of Aircraft Pilots and Engineers, Air Transport Services Senior Staff Association of Nigeria and the Association of Nigeria Aviation Professionals.
A statement from the unions on Friday read, “As you are aware, the NLC and TUC have declared indefinite nationwide strike action with effect from Monday, September 28, 2020.
“Our unions as above named are in full support of the strike action.
“As such all workers in the aviation sector are hereby directed to withdraw their services at all aerodromes nationwide as from 00hrs of 28th September 2020 until otherwise communicated by the NLC/TUC or our unions. All workers shall comply.”
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization