Nigeria vs Central African Republic: Super Eagles defeat CAR in Second Round World Cup Qualifying Match
On Sunday afternoon, the Central African Republic played Nigeria in a World Cup qualifying match.
The match took place in Douala, Cameroon.
This is the 2nd round of the previous match between the two countries.
The Wild Beasts stunned the Super Eagles 1-0 at Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos on Thursday.
The game began at 2 p.m. West African time.
Okoye; Aina, Troost-Ekong, Balogun, Collins; Onyeka, Aribo; Iheanacho, Simon, Musa; Osimhen. Nigerian starting XI (4-2-3-1): Okoye; Aina, Troost-Ekong, Balogun, Collins; Onyeka, Aribo; Iheanacho, Simon, Musa; Osimhen.
Sunday, October 10th: Balogun and Osimhen have given Nigeria a 2-0 halftime lead.
Second half: Osimhen squanders a golden opportunity to make it 3-0. There were no goals in the first half.
The first goal was scored. First half by L. Balogun at 29′
The second goal was scored by Victor Osimhen during the first half extra time. 45+1′
Nigeria vs Central African Republic ends in a 2 : 0 victory for Nigeria
Ejes Gist News reports, On Sunday, the Super Eagles will face the Central African Republic with only one goal in mind: avenge themselves.
Nigeria’s attempt to extract a pound of flesh from the minnows is perplexing in and of itself.
What brought us here?
We’re all aware of the answer. Gernot Rohr sent out 11 players who were unable to form a cohesive unit. Then he proceeded to make the strangest substitutions in the history of bizarre situations.
The visitors, however, secured a historic victory thanks to a well-executed counter-attack. Karl Namnganda sprinted onto a long ball and stroked it past Francis Uzoho, with William Troost-Ekong and Leon Balogun trailing him, looking befuddled.
This is, however, an immediate opportunity for redemption.
Rohr, on the other hand, must get it right this time. There are rumours that Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) President Amaju Pinnick is under pressure to fire the German.
Instead, he chose patience and issued a statement in which he clearly states that the 1-0 loss was a “setback.”
What is going to happen?
If Rohr fails to impress with his tactics and game management against the same opponents, the next step could be to announce his dismissal to the public.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship