Nigeria to receive 20m doses of COVID-19 Vaccine
The federal government has said that it has initiated a move to receive 20 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine in early 2021.
Faisal Shuaib, executive secretary of the National Primary Health Care Development Agency who spoke at the presidential task force on COVID-19 media briefing in Abuja on Thursday December 10, noted that Nigeria is a member of COVAX, an international coalition under the WHO umbrella.
He further revealed that upon arrival, the COVID-19 vaccines will first be given to workers in the health sector and vulnerable citizens.
“We are on course to access safe vaccine in the first quarter of 2021. We will be leveraging on the polio platform to ensure effective delivery of vaccines to our vulnerable population.
“We have established a supra-ministerial advisory committee to ensure a seamless administration. A technical group meets every week and has devised a risk communication plan to deliver safe vaccines to Nigerians.”
Source : Ejes Gist.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News,Nigeria to receive 20m doses of COVID-19 Vaccine, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today , Nigeria to receive 20m doses of COVID-19 Vaccine
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt