Ibrahim David Salami, the lawyer for Yoruba nation activist Sunday Igboho, has revealed what the Nigerian authorities informed their Benin Republic counterpart to warrant his detention.
According to Salami, the Nigerian government has accused Igboho of importing weaponry into the country.
According to the lawyer, the Nigerian government has also accused the freedom fighter of agitating for secession and disrupting the country, according to BBC Yoruba.
“The Nigerian authorities claimed Igboho was involved in gun trafficking into Nigeria,” Salami writes.
“The second is that he is fostering unrest in Nigeria, and the third is that he is attempting to split Nigeria into two or three parts.”
On Monday night, Igboho was apprehended at an airport in Cotonou, Benin Republic.
This came when the Nigerian government’s Department of State Services (DSS) declared the freedom fighter wanted after raiding his home in Ibadan, Oyo State.
The DSS paraded some of Igboho’s associates arrested during the raid after the invasion.
Guns and charms seized during the search were also displayed by the secret police.
Igboho escaped Nigeria about three weeks ago after his home was raided and he was declared wanted.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)