Popular social activist and co-convener of ‘our mumu don do’ crusade, Prince Deji Adeyanju, has been arrested by men of the Nigeria Police Force.
Adeyanju, had arrived the Force Headquarters, where he was organising a peaceful rally in protest of the alleged involvement of the Police in the siege on the Akwa Ibom House of Assembly Complex on Tuesday before he was reportedly picked.
Though no official statement from the Police authority on his arrest, but a source at the rally ground said the Kogi-born activist had been whisked to the FCT command of the Force, where he is expected to be arraigned in court immediately.
Members of the Police Force were alleged to have provided coverage for 5 out of the 25 members of the Akwa Ibom Assembly, on Tuesday, to carry out a botched impeachment exercise against the state Governor, Udom Emmanuel.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff