Nigeria Newspapers, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Naija News Today 21st May 2020 read them all
1) The Highest Islamic decision body in Kano state, the Council of Illamas, has kicked against the decision of the Kano state governor, Umar Ganduje, to lift the ban against religious gatherings in the state.
2) A former governorship aspirant of the All Progressives Congress(APC), Chief Blessing Agbomhere, has declared God revealed Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu to him as the next Edo State Governor.
Agbomhere stated the revelation was made on the mountain of prayer, the place he spent days to hunt the face of God on the political state of affairs in Edo State.
3) A Nollywood actor has been arrested for allegedly stabbing his neighbour to death. The actor has been identified as Temitayo Ogunbusola, 29. TheNation gathered that Ogunbusola allegedly committed the offence around 7pm on May 17, at 4, Sebili Kazeem Street, Cele bus stop, Agodo Egbe, Ikotun.
4) A young man identified as Kelvin has committed suicide at Modinatu Street in Ogba area of Lagos, Vanguard reports. The lifeless body of Kevin who works with a new generation bank was found dangling from a ceiling fan, in his apartment by neighbours.
5) Many security agents working in Lagos might have contracted the novel Coronavirus disease, COVID-19, a report by The Nation has shown. It is alleged that most of the agents who have been on the front line in enforcing presidential COVID-19 prevention orders such as lockdown and social distancing had fallen sick and resorted to taking malaria drugs and other herbal mixtures.
6) Nigeria Medical Association (NMA) has said, eight doctors have been tested positive to coronavirus disease in Zamfara. The NMA Vice-Chairman in the state, Dr Mannir Bature, made the disclosure during a chat with journalists in Gusau on Wednesday.
7) The Police Command in Ebonyi has arrested Julius Amadi and nine others for assaulting a pastor Mr Oko Obeni. The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the command, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Loveth Odah made this known in a statement on Wednesday in Abakaliki.
8) the Nigeria Center for Disease Control NCDC has confirmed 284 new cases of #COVID19 in Nigeria. From calculating, Lagos State top the list of new confirmed cases of Coronavirus, with a total percentage of 70.7%. followed by Rivers State with a rate of 9.15%
9) A 78 year-old man has died of the dreaded Coronavirus pandemic in Warri, Delta State, The Nation reports. His death becomes the sixth recorded COVID-19 death in the state. The state commissioner for Health, Dr. Mordi Ononye, while confirming the death via a statement Wednesday, disclosed that the patient died at the Warri Central Hospital, where he was rushed to for treatment.
10) A North Carolina man who made a stop on his way to a job interview discovered it was his lucky day when he won $200,000 from a scratch-off lottery ticket. Fredd Jordan, a semi-retired chef from Smithfield, told North Carolina Education Lottery officials he was on his way to a job interview when he stopped at the Harimart store on U.S. 70 East.
11) A Nollywood actor has been arrested for allegedly stabbing his neighbour to death. The actor has been identified as Temitayo Ogunbusola, 29. TheNation gathered that Ogunbusola allegedly committed the offence around 7pm on May 17, at 4, Sebili Kazeem Street, Cele bus stop, Agodo Egbe, Ikotun.
12) A young man identified as Kelvin has committed suicide at Modinatu Street in Ogba area of Lagos, Vanguard reports. The lifeless body of Kevin who works with a new generation bank was found dangling from a ceiling fan, in his apartment by neighbours.
13) Susan Okpe, the woman named as the index case of COVID-19 in Benue state, shared a video as she packed her things to leave the Abuja isolation centre after being “detained” for “58 days”. All through her stay in the isolation centre, Mrs Susan Okpe insisted that she doesn’t have the deadly virus and refused to take medications unless she’s shown the “real” result of her test.
Read More : https://ejesgist.com/im-finally-leaving-the-incarceration-centre-after-58-days-benue-covid-19-index-case-who-refused-to-take-treatment-shares-video-of-her-leaving-the-isolation-centre.html
14) The police in Ogun state have arrested three friends suspected to be ritualists after a fresh human hand was found in their possession. A statement released by the spokesperson of the state police command, Abimbola Oyeyemi, states that the three friends, Mathew Idosu, John Feyisetan and Samuel Adegbola, residents of Owode-Yewa, met with a herbalist, Michael Itomu, to seek spiritual means of getting rich quickly. The 40-year-old herbalist informed them the only way out was to get a fresh human hand which will be used for a sacrifice for them.
15) President Muhammadu Buhari has sacked the Registrar, National Examination Council, NECO, Prof. Charles Uwakwe and outright dismissal of four top management officials of the council over series of allegations.
# News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Nigeria Newspapers
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives