Nigeria Newspapers, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Naija News Today 6th of August, 2022 read them all.
Below are the Latest News Headlines In Nigeria Today .
Oyetola, APC submit 1,240-page petition
The governor of Osun State, Mr. Adegboyega Oyetola, and APC candidate in the state filed a petition at the state election petition tribunal on Friday to contest the results of the governorship election held on July 16.
Prince Gboyega Famodun, the state’s APC chairman, his wife Kafayat, and a few members of the state executive council accompanied the governor.
The Governor and the party Chairman personally signed the petition, which was given to the tribunal secretary.
1) Yohana Margif, Plateau State Labour Party governorship candidate, has been detained in Abuja by the Nigerian police force.
On Thursday in the Federal Capital Territory, Mr. Margif was quickly driven off along the congested Kubwa expressway.
Jack Dung Bot, Margif’s running mate, stated on Friday that he was “too emotional” and “trying to put himself together,” and as a result, he wasn’t prepared to speak.
2) At the Agopanu axis on the Owo-Ikare road in Ondo State, gunmen are said to have kidnapped a traditional head and three other people.
The victims include the Oniku of Iku, High Chief Mukaila Bello, the traditional leader; Yèyé Gbafinro, a former House of Assembly candidate for the Akoko North-East Constituency; Hon. Adeniran Adeyemo, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress; and Bashiru Adekile, a community leader.
3) Senators in Nigeria are currently plotting to remove President Muhammadu Buhari due to the ongoing insecurity in the nation.
You may recall that a few days ago, several senators left the plenary after Senate President Ahmed Lawan prevented discussion of President Buhari’s failure to end the country’s protracted war with insecurity.
Additionally, they held a press conference where they gave the President a 6-week deadline to resolve the issue or face the possibility of impeachment.
4) Festus Keyamo, SAN, Minister of State for Labour and Employment, has responded to his selection as Bola Tinubu and Kashim Shettima’s official spokesperson.
Keyamo thanked the All Progressives Congress’ Tinubu and Shettima for the appointment in a tweet on Friday.
“Special thanks to #officialABAT and #KashimSM for choosing me to lead the charge as Official Spokesperson in the APC 2023 Presidential Campaign Council,” he said.
5) Details of the meeting in Abuja between Nyesom Wike, the governor of Rivers State, and Atiku Abubakar, the PDP’s presidential candidate for the 2023 election, have come to light.
On Thursday, the two men met at the invitation of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of the opposition party, which is chaired by Senator Walid Jibrin.
Prof. Jerry Gana, a former minister of information and culture, hosted the meeting at his home.
Read More: Full Details Of Atiku-Wike Meeting Emerges
6) Friday’s London derby Premier League opener between Crystal Palace and Arsenal comes with high expectations for all participating clubs’ players to be in top form and, of course, for newly acquired players to prove their worth.
As Champions, the championship was fiercely contested last year. For the fourth time in six years, Manchester City edged out Liverpool by just one point, and they hope to keep up their dominance this year.
Chelsea, who finished third on the log last season after winning the Premier League in 2016–17, will also give it their all to compete with City and Liverpool.
Nigeria Newspapers: Read More: 6 New Premier League Signings that will Spark 2022/23 Season
7) Adebayo Shittu, a former minister of communications, claims that Senator Kashim Shettima was chosen as Bola Tinubu’s running mate for the 2023 presidential election because the former governor of Borno State “maintained orderliness in a zone nearly occupied by Boko Haram insurgents.”
In an interview with newsmen, Shittu, an APC leader in Oyo State and the Director General (DG) of the Asiwaju Tinubu-Shettima Coalition for Good Governance, made this claim.
Nigeria Newspapers: Top APC Chieftain Reveals Real Reason Tinubu Picked Shettima
8) Ifeanyi Ejiofor, a member of the IPOB legal team, has criticised President Muhammadu Buhari for spending N1.14 billion on vehicles for the Niger Republic.
Ejiofor claimed that Nigeria shouldn’t be exhibiting this level of financial irresponsibility since the country is borrowing money from other nations to pay off her debt.
In a statement on Friday, he made this disclosure and referred to the donation of the cars as absurd and intolerable.
9) Seyi Makinde, governor of Oyo State, has been promised a night of insomnia by Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC).
This comes after the governor’s yesterday announced plan to hand back control of schools to missionaries.
The stern warning was contained in a press statement issued by the director of MURIC.
Nigeria Newspapers: Gov Makinde will not sleep any longer, MURIC issues stern warning
10) Adebayo Shittu, a former minister of communications and the director general (DG) of the Tinubu-Shettima Coalition for Good Governance, has stated that his principal, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, can only offer Babachir Lawal, a former secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), an opportunity but not force him to take it.
Lawal, a christain vice presidential hopeful made no secret of his displeasure with Tinubu’s selection of Kashim Shettima as his running mate.
Shittu, however, claimed that the politician from Adamawa was biting the hand that fed him.
Nigeria Newspapers: Why Tinubu refused to address Grievances of Babachir Lawal, others – Shittu
Thanks for reading News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Nigeria Newspapers, latest news headlines in nigeria today and Naija News Today.
Nigerian Job [Apply Now]
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- FBN General Insurance Graduate Trainee Massive Recruitment
- KDSG Teachers Recruitment of 10,000 Graduates : How to Apply, KDSG Jobs Login Portal, KDSG SUBEB News
- Access Bank Entry Level Recruitment & Internship Job Vacancies (4 Positions)