Nigeria Newspapers, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Naija News Today 5th of August, 2022 read them all.
Below are the Latest News Headlines In Nigeria Today .
FG To Google: Deny IPOB Access To Your Platform
Lai Mohammed, the minister of information and culture, urged Google to bar Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) members from using its platform on Thursday.
When a Google team visited him yesterday in Abuja, he said the “proscribed terrorist group” was using the platform for their violent acts and destabilizing activities.
“We want Google to investigate how to address the use of private and unlisted YouTube channels and YouTube livestreams by prohibited groups and terrorist organisations,” he said. On Google platforms, channels and emails containing the names of prohibited organisations and their affiliates shouldn’t be permitted, he said.
1) The state administration has cancelled the licenses of every private nursery, primary, and secondary school now operating in Plateau.
Elizabeth Wampum, the state commissioner of secondary education, made the news on Thursday, August 4.
Over 5000 private schools were found to be operating without a license, prompted the decision.
2) Ejes Gist News Nigeria reports that Mercy Chinwo and her Lagos pastor, Pastor Blessed, took the first step toward a lifetime of marriage with a wedding introduction.
On July 18 in Port Harcourt, Mercy Chinwo and her boo held a marriage introduction.
Videos of the wedding ceremony that appeared online showed the singer beaming with happiness as she began her journey toward a lifetime with her beloved.
3) Iniubong Umoren’s murderer attempts to escape from court after he was Sentenced to Death by Hanging.
Ejes Gist News Nigeria reports that Justice Bassey Nkanang of the Akwa Ibom State High Court on Thursday sentenced Uduak Akpan to death by hanging for killing Iniubong Umoren.
4) Justice Bassey Nkanang of the Akwa Ibom State High Court, has sentenced Uduak Akpan to death by hanging on thursday for the murder of Iniubong Umoren.
Umoren, a University of Uyo philosophy graduate, died in April 2021.
While awaiting mobilization for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program, she was looking for a job.
5) The All Progressive Congress (APC) has named Plateau Governor Simon Lalong as Director-General of the Bola Tinubu presidential campaign.
This was revealed to State House Correspondents on Wednesday by Senator Abdullahi Adamu, the chairman of the APC, who had just met with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa.
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the APC’s vice presidential candidate, Senator Kashim Shettima, and Lalong were in attendance with him.
6) The full video of a Nigerian man who collapsed after losing his N200k loan at Bet9ja Shop can be accessed here on Ejes Gist Newspaper.
Ejes Gist Newspaper obtained a viral video of an unidentified Nigerian man collapsed on the ground after allegedly losing a large sum at the Bet9ja Shop.
This online news source has learned that the unnamed man passed out after losing a wager on a video game at the Bet9ja Shop in Ekpan, Delta State, southern Nigeria.
Nigeria Newspapers: Read More: Watch Video: Man collapses after losing N200K loan at Bet9ja Shop
7) Abdullahi Adamu, the national chairman of the APC, has urged party members to stay together and support one another in order to win the general elections of 2023. He warned that he would not accept any responsibility for electoral failure.
After inaugurating an eight-member Abia Reconciliation Committee, Mr. Adamu made the call while addressing the media.
“We need to put in some effort, let go of some prejudices, and stand as one. After the elections, we don’t want anyone to come here and start sobbing and blaming us for our shortcomings.
Nigeria Newspapers: If APC fails in 2023, I will not be held accountable – National Chairman
8) The alleged organ harvesting case involving former deputy Senate president Ike Ekweremadu has been postponed by the Central Criminal Court in the United Kingdom.
According to the judge presiding over the case, the trial will officially start on May 2, 2023, but the pretrial applications hearing will take place on October 31.
Nigeria Newspapers: Alleged Organ Harvesting: Ike Ekweremadu To Remain In Custody Till October
9) The release of Cynthia Okereke and Clemson Agbogidi by their captors was announced by the Actors Guild of Nigeria.
The movie stars were released unharmed and in good health, according to a statement posted by the Actors Guild of Nigeria on its official Instagram page on Wednesday, August 3, 2022. It said;
“We are happy to announce that Clemson Cornel Agbogidi and actress Cynthia Okereke, who were abducted, have been freed unharmed.
Nigeria Newspapers: Kidnappers Release Nollywood Actors- Cynthia Okereke, Clemson Cornel
10) The attack on Audu Madaki’s convoy, an Assistant Inspector-General in charge of the zone 12 police command, prompted a response from the federal government.
The AIG survived the attack, but a bandit killed one of his orderlies.
Nigeria Newspapers: FG Breaks Silence on AIG Convoy Attack
Thanks for reading News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Nigeria Newspapers, latest news headlines in nigeria today and Naija News Today.
Nigerian Job [Apply Now]
- FBN General Insurance Graduate Trainee Massive Recruitment
- KDSG Teachers Recruitment of 10,000 Graduates : How to Apply, KDSG Jobs Login Portal, KDSG SUBEB News
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Access Bank Entry Level Recruitment & Internship Job Vacancies (4 Positions)