Nigeria Newspapers, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Naija News Today 2nd of August, 2022 read them all.
Below are the Latest News Headlines In Nigeria Today .
We have plans to end insecurity – Baba-Ahmed
Peter Obi’s vice presidential running mate, Yusuf Ahmed-Baba, has stated that both he and Obi have answers to put a stop to insecurity in Nigeria.
Despite stating that there was no use in discussing the plans because so many politicians had previously spoken about them and failed, Yusuf omitted to specify what his intentions were to stop the insecurity.
1) The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has officially confirmed a four weeks extension of the strike action embarked on by its members since February 2022.
2) The importation of SIM cards has been completely banned by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami announced the news on Monday in Oniru, Lagos.
3) Sani Musa, the senator for Niger East Senatorial District, has demanded the resignation of Babagana Monguno, the National Security Advisor, claiming that the NSA has failed.
4) Olalekan Obey-Fabiyi, a 48-year-old son of legendary juju musician Evangelist Ebenezer Obey, died yesterday, bringing tragedy into his family.
The Sun discovered that Olalekan passed away on Friday and was buried the following day.
Read More: Ebenezer Obey loses 48-year-old son (Photo)
5) Ejes Gist Newspaper reports that the PDP governors assured their followers that they remain a steadfast party .
We have met together for the first time since the PDP primaries, Prof. J. Gana stated in a brief statement.
6) Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, a controversial Islamic preacher and cleric, has charged that the federal government is mishandling the fight against insurgency.
According to Gumi, the latest reports from newsmen regarding the insurgency in Zamfara State, have revealed the racial and tribal undertones as the true source of the decade mayhem the North Western area is currently experiencing as a whole.
Nigeria Newspapers: Read More: Gumi Sends Strong Message To Federal Government
7) A suspected Boko Haram leader was detained on Sunday, July 31, in Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun state, by agents of the Department of State Services.
The alleged Boko Haram leader was detained in Abeokuta’s Ijaye neighborhood.
Nigeria Newspapers: JUST IN: DSS Arrest Boko Haram Leader
8) A Chieftain of the People Democratic Party (PDP), Colonel Garba Moyi (rtd), the chairman of the Tangaza Local Government, and six of his councilors have defected to the APC from the PDP.
Nigeria Newspapers: Commissioner, PDP Chieftain, LG Chairman, many Others dump PDP for APC
9) Some yet-to-be-identified armed men abducted two persons in Alor, Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra State on Sunday.
Nigeria Newspapers: Gunmen Kidnap, throw victims from bridge in Anambra
10) The Federal High Court’s order declaring Olorogun David Edevbie as the legitimately nominated and authentic candidate of the party.
Nigeria Newspapers: Court Sets Date for PDP Gubernatorial Case between Sheriff, Edevbie
Thanks for reading News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Nigeria Newspapers, latest news headlines in nigeria today and Naija News Today.
Nigerian Job [Apply Now]
- Access Bank Entry Level Recruitment & Internship Job Vacancies (4 Positions)
- FBN General Insurance Graduate Trainee Massive Recruitment
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- KDSG Teachers Recruitment of 10,000 Graduates : How to Apply, KDSG Jobs Login Portal, KDSG SUBEB News