Nigeria Newspapers, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Naija News Today 19th of August, 2022 read them all.
Below are the Latest News Headlines In Nigeria Today .
Experts Decry the Adverse Effect of shutdown of national grid on Nigeria’s security
According to analysts, there were signs yesterday that the National Union of Electricity Employees (NUEE)-affiliated employees’ shutdown of Nigeria’s national grid placed the country’s security in grave danger.
Recall that insurgency, banditry, kidnapping, and other violent crimes are some of the worst forms of instability the country has ever seen.
The experts claimed the shutdown amounted to sabotage and posed a major threat to the security of the country after reviewing the situation yesterday.
1) In a case that has shaken the nation, police in Nigeria discovered 20 mummified bodies, including children, in a building in Benin City.
According to a statement released by police spokesperson Jennifer Iwegbu, three individuals were detained during the operation in southern Nigeria.
2) Rev. Fr. Raymond Ifeanyi Eselu, a Catholic priest, was killed in a car accident in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
On August 17, 2022, a collision happened in front of St. Theresa’s Cathedral in Abakaliki.
According to reports, the priest left the church in his car after attending the funeral of one of his colleagues, Rev. Fr. Christopher Nnachi Agwu.
3) The Independent National Electoral Commission, the Peoples Democratic Party, Sim Fubara, and 31 other individuals have been sued by the All Progressives Congress in Rivers State for “non-compliance with the electoral act” before the Federal High Court in Port Harcourt.
The APC is praying the court to disqualify all the candidates of the PDP for the 2023 general elections for “delaying” to forward the register containing the names of their candidates to the Independent National Electoral Commission within thirty days as required by law.
The APC also requests that the court rule against all PDP candidates in the state because they failed to properly sign the letter containing their names before sending
4) A Federal High Court in Abuja on Thursday asked the Action Alliance Party (AAP) to present its witnesses in court on October 12 to establish a certificate forgery suit brought against the All Progressives Congress (APC), Presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
The Action Alliance Party is suing to have Bola Tinubu disqualified from the 2023 election due to alleged certificate forgery.
Justice Obiora Egwuatu issued the order on Thursday, setting a new date of October 12 to allow parties in the suit to file their processes and exchange them as required by law before the adjourned date.
5) Sunday Oluemeje, a preacher, has been detained by the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly raping a 14-year-old girl in the Akodo neighbourhood of Ibeju-Lekki.
Stephen Kuti, the command’s spokesperson, said that the suspect was taken into custody on Thursday, August 18.
Kuti stated that When the pastor acquired carnal knowledge of the girl, he sent the mother to go gather the supplies for the deliverance.
6) Former President Olusegun Obasanjo and All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate Sen. Bola Tinubu met in a meeting that was made public by House Speaker Rep. Femi Gbajabiamila.
Obasanjo made supportive remarks about Tinubu’s aspiration and even prayed for the APC presidential candidate, according to Gbajabiamila in a statement made on Thursday while speaking at the Surulere Local Government Area (LGA) APC meeting in Surulere, Lagos.
“We were eight people, including Asiwaju Tinubu, when we went to Obasanjo’s house because we didn’t want many people to find out about the meeting,” he remarked. Therefore, Obasanjo and five other members of his team were to meet us
7) A former candidate for the state House of Assembly and Northeast Zonal Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Yusuf Sheriff Modu, better known by his APCstage as Sheriff Banki, has defected to the main opposition, the Peoples Democratic Party PDP, ahead of the 2023 general elections
In a letter dated August 16 and written to Alhaji Babagana Kulami, Chairman, Buduwa Bula Chira Banki, APC, Banki, Bama Local Government Area (LGA), Borno State, Banki revealed his plans.
He stated “personal reasons” for his choice and promised to “very effectively use” his APC expertise “in my next place”.
Nigeria Newspapers: Read More: APC Zonal Secretary Dumps Party for PDP
8) Peter Obi, the Labour Party’s presidential candidate, has accused the APC and PDP of starting a campaign of defamation against him and his party.
Obi claimed in a series of tweets on Thursday that it was obvious that the opposition parties had adopted a negative approach of trolling and subtly spreading false information online and holding him and his party responsible.
He declared that he, along with his party, remained unwavering in their dedication to a principled and ethical campaign.
9) The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Abdullahi Adamu, stated that his party chose the Muslim-Muslim ticket because it is the approach it believes “may best work for us.”
The former Borno governor and Muslim senator Kashim Shettima was chosen by Bola Tinubu, the APC presidential candidate, to be his running mate in the 2023 election.
Key players, particularly the Christian Association of Nigeria, have criticized the development (CAN).
Nigeria Newspapers: Real reason we opted for Muslim-Muslim ticket – APC Chairman
10) The Governor of Imo State, Hope Uzodimma, was not the one to call off the Monday sit-at-home, according to the Indigenous People of Biafra.
The group emphasized that Uzodimma lacks the authority to halt any sit-at-home order issued by IPOB.
In a statement on Thursday, IPOB’s media and publicity secretary, Emma Powerful, claimed that the group had started the “infamous” Monday sit-at-home in 2021 but had since discontinued it on the advice of its detained leader, Nnamdi Kanu, in response to appeals from elders and traditional leaders in the South-East.
Nigeria Newspapers: Nnamdi Kanu Stopped sit-at-home, not Hope Hope Uzodimma – IPOB
Thanks for reading News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Nigeria Newspapers, latest news headlines in nigeria today and Naija News Today.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022