Nigeria Newspapers, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Naija News Today 15th of August, 2022 read them all.
Below are the Latest News Headlines In Nigeria Today .
OPC, Fulani trade blame over Kwara clash
The Oodua Peoples Congress and the Fulani traders who were said to have been involved in last Friday’s bloody fight in Ajase-Ipo in the Irepodun Local Government area of Kwara State have denied starting the altercation.
Alhaji Alli-Mohammed Jounwuro, state chairman of the Gan Allah Fulani Development Association, claimed that 9 people were killed by the OPC members in the incident while 450 cows were lost while reacting on Saturday to the bloody clash between cow dealers and members of the OPC at Kaara market in Ajasse-Ipo.
Ali Mohammed claimed that while many people were hurt during the bloody altercation, OPC members also stole over N6 million during the clash.
1) Alhaji Tijjani Ibrahim Kiyawa, the All Progressive Congress (APC) senatorial candidate for Jigawa Central, has died.
He died in a Chinese hospital after being admitted to a private clinic in the Federal Capital Territory of Abuja and flown to China.
Ibrahim served in the House of Representatives for two terms, representing the Dutse/Kiyawa Federal Constituency.
2) BBNaija Season 7 Level Two housemates, Ilebaye and Khalid have been evicted from the Level Up show after receiving the fewest votes from viewers and voters.
Ebuka Obi Uchendu, the show’s host, announced Ilebaye’s eviction during the third BBNaija Level Up Sunday Live eviction show on August 14. (Day 22).
Read More: Two Housemates Evicted From BBNaija S7
3) Six female footballers were abducted by gunmen in Uronigbe, a border community between Edo and Delta States in Edo State’s Orhionmwon local government area.
Happiness Odeh, a female student at the Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, MAPOLY, Abeokuta, was reportedly kidnapped and killed by her abductors.
4) Annie Idibia has responded to reports that her husband, Tuface Idibia, had an affair with a different woman, who was allegedly a banker.
The singer denied the rumours, calling them baseless and malicious, in a statement released by his manager, Efe Omorogbe.
“As in na 2014 this supposed “Banker” dey carry belle o lol, Just can’t with malicious humans,” Annie wrote when she reposted the statement from her Instagram story.
5) In the lead-up to the general elections in 2023, the Nigeria Police Force has advised all politicians to abstain from violence and warned their supporters against posing a threat to dissenting or opposition voices.
The Electoral Act is clear about the proper punishment prescribed for crimes related to elections, according to the police, who also stated that any threat to life is a criminal offence.
6) The Deputy Registrar of Spiritan University in Nneochi, Fr. Chinedu Nwadike, has been abducted by gunmen.
On Friday, a Catholic priest named Nwadike was abducted on the Enugu-Okigwe Road.
Along with the priest, Emmanuel Nwafor, a seminarian was kidnapped.
Nigeria Newspapers: Read More: Catholic Priest, Seminarian Abducted Near MILITARY CHECKPOINT, N50m Demanded (Photo)
7) Numerous Boko Haram terrorist were killed in airstrikes by two Nigerian Air Force (NAF) fighter jets on Saturday in the northcentral region of Niger State, including the notorious terrorist group’s Commander Aminu Duniya.
It was discovered that the terrorists were destroyed as they gathered at Kurebe in the Shiroro Local Government Area (LGA) for a significant gathering that Duniya was hosting.
It was gathered that the wanted terrorist Commander invited other criminals to a meeting at his hideout in Kurebe, which reportedly drew many terrorists. They rode their motorcycles in great numbers.
Nigeria Newspapers: Boko Haram Commander, Duniya, killed by Nigerian Armed Forces
8) Akeredolu (SAN), governor of Ondo State and chairman of the Southern Governors’ Forum, has reiterated the need for the populace to avoid religious conflict.
Governor Akeredolu urged Nigerians not to allow disputes over religion to divide them.
In reiterating his stance on the Southern Presidency, the Governor emphasized that it is now necessary to rotate the presidency to the South in the interests of justice, equity, and fairness.
Nigeria Newspapers: Akeredolu Issues Fresh Statement After Arrest Of Owo Church Attackers
9) Bashir Ahmad has been appointed as President Muhammadu Buhari’s Special Assistant for Digital Communications.
Ahmad served as the new media advisor to President Muhammadu. He had resigned in order to represent a Kano State federal constituency.
Ahmad lost to incumbent Abdullahi Mahmood Gaya of the All Progressives Congress (APC), who represents the Gaya, Ajingi, Albasu Federal Constituency, in May.
Nigeria Newspapers: Buhari Makes New Appointment, See Details
10) Nigeria’s U20 Female team, also known as the Super Falconets, qualified for the quarterfinal stage of the ongoing female World Cup in Costa Rica on Monday morning.
Nigeria 1 Korea 0: Super Falconets qualify for U20 World Cup Quarterfinal
Onyenezide’s late stunning strike was all the Nigerian ladies needed to advance to the next round of the competition.
Nigeria Newspapers: Nigeria vs South Korea u20 Results, as they qualify for quarterfinal
Thanks for reading News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Nigeria Newspapers, latest news headlines in nigeria today and Naija News Today.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications