Nigeria Newspapers, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Naija News Today 12th of August, 2022 read them all.
Below are the Latest News Headlines In Nigeria Today .
PDP crisis: Atiku sends Adamawa gov to Wike, meeting deadlocked
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State insisted yesterday that the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Senator Iyorchia Ayu, resign from office for peace to reign.
This was Wike’s condition for peace when Adamawa State Governor Umaru Fintiri paid him a visit yesterday in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
This comes at a time when other PDP leaders are putting pressure on Ayu to resign.
1) After gunmen staged a prison break in which two policemen and an attacker died, over 800 inmates have escaped from a prison in eastern DR Congo.
According to the information that is currently available, on Tuesday, August 8, 2022, during the night, armed men broke into the Kakwangura Central Prison in Butembo.
The Allied Democratic Forces (ADF), a brutal militia that the Islamic State group claims is its regional affiliate, are the suspected terrorists who carried out the operation.
Read More: 800 inmates escape from Kakwangura Jailbreak
2) As the campaign for the 2023 election heats up, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has appointed James Faleke, the member representing Ikeja Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, as the Secretary of the Presidential Campaign Council.
Faleke, along with other top members of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), formed the Tinubu Support Group (TSG) in 2019 to promote the former Lagos Governor’s presidential ambitions.
Read More: Tinubu Makes Fresh Appointment
3) Suspected thieves allegedly broke into the Katsina State government house and stole N31 million.
Unknown persons broke into the office of the Financial Controller of the Government House and took the money kept in a sack, according to a top government source who confirmed the development to Newsmen.
According to the source, the theft occurred at night while the Financial Controller, Salisu Batsari, was at work.
4) Sunday Igboho, a Yoruba Nation agitator, has told President Muhammadu Buhari that large-scale killing of civilians, such as that which occurred during the civil war from 1967 to 1970, will never be allowed to happen again.
In a recent statement obtained by Newsmen from his spokesperson, Olayomi Koiki, the Nigerian separatist leader alleges a ‘pernicious agenda’ by a specific tribe in the country.
Recall that President Buhari called on political leaders on Tuesday to stay focused and uphold the ultimate goal of promoting the interests of the country, saying that Nigeria cannot afford another civil war.
5) As the 2023 election draws near, the Middle-Belt Congress (MBC) has requested that Bola Tinubu’s running mate, Senator Kashim Shettima of the All Progressives Congress (APC), resign in order to “save the party from perceived impending electoral misfortune.”
This demand was made by the MBC leader, Bilal Abdullahi, during a press conference on Wednesday in Abuja.
MBC declared its opposition on the Muslim-Muslim APC ticket.
6) Olusegun Obasanjo, a former president of Nigeria, has urged citizens to make the right decision ahead of the general elections in 2023 because the wrong decision will destroy the entire country.
The call was made by the former president at the Wilson Badejo Foundation’s 15th annual lecture, which was held in Lagos and had as its theme “Overcoming the Twin Challenge of Poverty and Insecurity in Nigeria.
In 2023, we must choose wisely, Obasanjo said.
Nigeria Newspapers: Read More: Obasanjo Spits Fire, Make Shocking Revelation About 2023 General Elections
7) The Labour Party’s presidential candidate, Mr. Peter Obi, has responded to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu’s call for an issue-based campaign.
On Wednesday, the Tinubu campaign organisation asked Obi to warn his supporters against spreading misinformation and disparaging its candidates.
Obi and other presidential candidates were urged to refrain from mudslinging and instead concentrate their campaigns on issues of good governance by Bayo Onanuga, the campaign’s director of media and communications.
Nigeria Newspapers: Obi Replies Tinubu Asks Him To Caution His Supporters
8) The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has refuted reports that during his four years in office, he demanded N50 billion per month from former Lagos state governor Akinwunmi Ambode.
In a statement released by Bayo Onanuga, director of media and communications for the Tinubu Campaign Organization (TCO), on Tuesday, August 9, the APC candidate refuted the claim.
Onanuga claimed that a Biafra news platform was the origin of the false report.
9) Dave Umahi, the governor of Ebonyi State, claims that borrowing N1.1 trillion from the international financial system to meet the demands of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), which has been on strike for almost six months, is not feasible.
When he hosted a delegation from the Nigeria Police Trust Fund, led by Dr. Ben Akabueze, in Abakaliki, Ebonyi, Governor Umahi expressed his feelings.
10) Ada Ameh’s family has made her funeral arrangements public.
According to the obituary, a novelty match and candlelight service will be held in her honour on August 19 in Lagos.
Her ashes will be interred in her family’s compound on August 26 following another candlelight service in Benue state on August 25.
Nigeria Newspapers: Family Concludes on date for the funeral of Actress Ada Ameh
Thanks for reading News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Nigeria Newspapers, latest news headlines in nigeria today and Naija News Today.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022