Nigeria Newspapers, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Naija News Today 11th of August, 2022 read them all.
Below are the Latest News Headlines In Nigeria Today .
Nigeria facing existential threat, World Bank warns
The World Bank on Wednesday warned that Nigeria may be in danger of extinction due to the country’s declining revenue, the government’s continued payment of trillions of naira in fuel subsidies, and the accompanying economic difficulties.
The international financial institution issued a warning that the nation’s already low revenue would continue to decline if it did not optimise its tax system and concentrate on other areas to increase it. Due to the significant amount spent on fuel subsidies, it was noted that Nigeria had not benefited from the increase in oil prices on the global market.
1) In a widely circulated video, Bishop John Ebebe Ayah of the Uyo Diocese can be seen declining Governor Ben Ayade’s N25 million donation at a Sunday Thanksgiving mass in Calabar.
Ayade was invited to contribute to the church’s 2022 harvest unveiling during the mass at St. Patrick’s Catholic, Ikot Ansa, Calabar. Ayade was a special guest of honour.
Justice Emmanuel Agim Akomaye, who was recently elevated to the position of Judge of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, was the recipient of the thanksgiving mass.
2) Pastor Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG has stated that the death of his 42-year-old son Dare in May 2021 put him in the most difficult time of his life.
This was said by Adeboye on Tuesday evening while the church’s 70th Annual Convention was taking place near the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
The Preacher who spoke on the topic “Born Free” said that God carries His children who make themselves able to be carried.
Read More: Adeboye Speaks On Saddest Period Of His Life
3) The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) General Overseer, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has renamed the Redemption Camp.
The highly regarded cleric announced that the camp would now be known as Redemption City.
On the Lagos-Ibadan expressway, the camp has a number of halls, hostels, houses, etc.
4) Nollywood mourns the death of another Film maker Otu Njama.
His death was announced by his sister, Judith who confirmed the tragic incident stating that he passed away last night, August 9, according Judith.
Otu was in his thirties before his passing.
5) Kizz Daniel, a Nigerian singer, has expressed regret for cancelling a Sunday performance in Tanzania.
Recall that the Buga Singer, Kizz Daniel had refused to turn up for a show in Tanzania of which he was later detained by the Tanzania Police.
Due to his failure to appear at the show, Daniel was detained in Dar es Salaam on Monday.
6) Festus Keyamo (SAN), spokesman for the All Progressives Congress, APC, Presidential Campaign Council, has pledged to support Dino Melaye’s “comedy and music career” when Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is elected in 2023.
During an interview on Arise TV, monitored by our correspondent, Keyamo made this promise.
The minister’s statement follows Melaye’s remarks on an earlier Channels TV interview Keyamo gave.
Nigeria Newspapers: Read More: Festus Keyamo Fires back at Dino Melaye, Promise To Help Him Grow His “Comedy Career”
7) Today, August 9, 2022, is Pa Akintola Williams’ 103rd birthday. He is the most prominent chartered accountant in Nigeria. He was born on August 9th, 1919 a little after World War 1 was over.
He previously divulged the following in an interview about his long life:
“Moderation is the key to my longevity. I try to be moderate in everything I do, and by that I mean a little of this and a little of that, but never too much.
Nigeria Newspapers: Akintola Williams Clocks 103, Discloses “Secrets Of Longevity”
8) Festus Keyamo, who once sued the Lagos State house of assembly for clearing the then governor on allegations of certificate forgery, has been appointed as spokesman for APC presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu campaign organisation.
Ejes Gist Newspaper reports that the minister of state for labour and employment, Festus Keyamo, in 1999, sued the Lagos State House of Assembly for clearing then Governor Bola Tinubu of allegations of certificate forgery and perjury.
9) As a result of the alleged killings in the Delta state, the Indigenous People of Biafra have threatened the vice-presidential aspirations of Delta State Governor Ifeanyi Okowa.
The group also added that the recent UN declaration that it was a peaceful movement supported the need to treat its members as non-criminals.
The group emphasized that it was not a terrorist organisation.
Nigeria Newspapers: Atiku’s Presidency At Stake As IPOB Send Strong Message To Okowa
10) The bail that was previously granted to Mohammed Usman, the third defendant in the 14-count money laundering charge brought by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, against the former Accountant-General of the Federation, AGF, Ahmed Idris, has been revoked by Justice Adeyemi Ajayi of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, sitting in Maitama.
Usman, who served as the Director of the Federation Account, and a man named Godfrey Olusegun Akindele are accused of diverting public funds totaling about N109.4 billion using the account of a business called Gezawa Commodity Market & Exchange Limited, the third defendant in the case, in collusion with the suspended AGF.
Nigeria Newspapers: Alleged N109.4bn Fraud: Court Revokes Bail Granted Ex-AGF’s Co-defendant
Thanks for reading News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Nigeria Newspapers, latest news headlines in nigeria today and Naija News Today.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022