A Chief Magistrates’ Court in Kano on Monday, remanded a 28-year-old businessman, Sunusi Jibril, for allegedly defiling an eight-year-old, pending authorized recommendation from the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP).
Jibril, who resides at Zangon Barebari Quarters, Ungogo Local Government Area of Kano, is charged in court with a depend of rape, however pleaded not responsible.
The Chief Magistrate, Muhammad Jibril ordered that the accused be remanded in jail, and adjourned the case till Aug.19 for point out.
The Prosecutor, Insp. Pogu Lale, had earlier advised the court that Juwairyya Dauda of Danrimi Quarters Kano, reported the matter at Ungogo Police Division on July 11.
He nevertheless added, “on July 10 at about 12:00pm, the defendant accosted the complainant’s 8-year-old daughter whereas she was on errand at Zangon Barebari Quarters Kano.
“Jubril deceitfully led the victim to his house and had unlawful sexual intercourse with her and offered her the sum of N200.”
Lale, the prosecutor, additional acknowledged that the offence contravenes Section 283 of the penal code, NAN studies
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022
- Shell Petroleum Development Company SPDC 2022 Recruitment for Graduates
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- Landmark University Recruitment for Non Academic staff
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment For Graduates
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022