Gistnaij gathered that s”ome repented Niger Delta militant leaders have called on President Muhammadu Buhari to consider giving pipeline surveillance contracts to youths in the area rather than giving them to people who will not advance the peace and development of the region.
The ex-miliant leaders, under the auspices of Leadership Peace and Cultural Development Initiative, made the appeal during their meeting with the Coordinator, Presidential Amnesty Programme, Brig.-Gen. Paul Boroh (retd.).
The group, comprising leaders of the First Phase Amnesty programme, said in a statement on Monday by its Acting Chairman, Bayelsa State chapter, Mr. Bull Ifiemi, and its Public Relations Officer, Godgift Ayabowe, contended that the youth had a better grasp of the region and were in a position to ensure sustainable peace, security and development.
The LPCDI said, ”We appeal to the Presidency to consider giving the pipeline surveillance contracts to the youths in the region who know the terrain better.
”The development, no doubt, will accelerate development of the region rather than granting the contracts to a particular person or group of persons who will end up doing little or nothing to better the region.”
According to dailypost the ex-militant leaders also advised that the modular refineries should be operated with youths in the oil-bearing communities as stakeholders, insisting that the development would help to militate against any grievances that might occur as a result of neglect.
They said, ”We are advising that anything pertaining to surveillance contracts in the region should be channeled through the Amnesty Office because its Coordinator, Paul Boroh, knows the leaders and youths on the ground who can ensure that the contracts are adequately executed and everybody has carried along and happy.”
- FG Approves Recruitment Of 30,000 Graduates For NALDA Programme
- Wema Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- 2021 Management Trainee Recruitment at 3P Solutions & Company
- Graduate Job Recruitment at Haventis Drugs Limited
- First Bank Nigeria 2021 Massive Recruitment
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria ( January )
- Nigeria Police Force, NPF Microfinance Bank Plc Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 (28 Positions)
- Franchise Governance Officer at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Transaction Trainees Needed in a Reputable Bank in Nigeria
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to [email protected]