Gistnaij gathered that s”ome repented Niger Delta militant leaders have called on President Muhammadu Buhari to consider giving pipeline surveillance contracts to youths in the area rather than giving them to people who will not advance the peace and development of the region.
The ex-miliant leaders, under the auspices of Leadership Peace and Cultural Development Initiative, made the appeal during their meeting with the Coordinator, Presidential Amnesty Programme, Brig.-Gen. Paul Boroh (retd.).
The group, comprising leaders of the First Phase Amnesty programme, said in a statement on Monday by its Acting Chairman, Bayelsa State chapter, Mr. Bull Ifiemi, and its Public Relations Officer, Godgift Ayabowe, contended that the youth had a better grasp of the region and were in a position to ensure sustainable peace, security and development.
The LPCDI said, ”We appeal to the Presidency to consider giving the pipeline surveillance contracts to the youths in the region who know the terrain better.
”The development, no doubt, will accelerate development of the region rather than granting the contracts to a particular person or group of persons who will end up doing little or nothing to better the region.”
According to dailypost the ex-militant leaders also advised that the modular refineries should be operated with youths in the oil-bearing communities as stakeholders, insisting that the development would help to militate against any grievances that might occur as a result of neglect.
They said, ”We are advising that anything pertaining to surveillance contracts in the region should be channeled through the Amnesty Office because its Coordinator, Paul Boroh, knows the leaders and youths on the ground who can ensure that the contracts are adequately executed and everybody has carried along and happy.”
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- INEC Recruitment 2020 for Edo and Ondo Election |pres.inecnigeria.org
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Massive Job Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited (30 Positions)
- TOS TV Network 2020 Job Recruitment (23 Positions)
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]