- Obasanjo said he believes in a Nigeria of equity and justice where its unity will not be at any cost.
- “It is better than Nigeria stays together and find solutions to its challenges than for each tribe to go its separate way.
- “I am a strong believer of one Nigeria, but not one Nigeria at any cost.
Nigeria’s former president, Olusegun Obasanjo has stated that the country’s unity should not be built on the blood of people seeking self-determination.
His declaration is in response to the mounting calls for a referendum on the independence of Biafra and Oduduwa, which the two parties are demanding for.
Obasanjo stated that he believes in a Nigeria that is equitable and just, and that its unity will not be compromised at any cost.
“It is preferable for Nigeria to remain united and find answers to its problems than for each tribe to go their own way.
“I am a firm believer in a single Nigeria, but not at any cost. But one Nigeria in which every Nigerian may be proud of having a stake in the country,” he had stated.
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates