The news now is that the Chairman of Ilorin East Local Government Area in Kwara, Hajia Ramat Seriki, has said she will adopt an abandoned newborn baby girl if nobody comes forward to claim her in three months.
Ejes Gist Nigeria gathered that the infant was discovered by residents of Okeoyi and staff of the council at entrance to the secretariat on May 11, 2021.
According to report, the baby is currently at a motherless babies home under the Ministry of Women affairs and Social Development.
In an interview with NAN in llorin on Saturday, May 15, Seriki described the action of the unidentified mother of the abandoned baby as callous and unacceptable.
She said all effort to identify the mother of the baby proved abortive, stating that the baby has been delivered to the Motherless babies home at NNPC Pipeline Road in llorin.
“I am fully ready to adopt the baby by signing all necessary documents if nobody claims her within the next three months,’’ she said.
Seriki said that she would be providing all necessary items for the upbringing of the baby while at the Motherless babies home, pending when she would formally adopt her.
Hafsat lbrahim, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Social Welfare, confirmed that the abandoned baby was now at the Motherless home under the ministry.
She said any arrangement on her adoption by anybody would follow due process at the ministry.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria