On Tuesday, President Muhammadu Buhari nominated Abdulrasheed Bawa as the substantive chair of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
This was announced in a statement by Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, stating that President Buhari was acting in accordance with Part 1 of Paragraph 2(3), CAP E1 of the 2004 EFCC Act.
Here are six Amazing facts about Abdulrasheed Bawa, the new EFCC Boss:
- Abdulrasheed Bawa is 40-year-old
- He is a trained EFCC investigator with vast experience in the investigation and prosecution of Advance Fee Fraud cases, official corruption, bank fraud, money laundering, and other economic crimes.
He has undergone several specialised trainings in different parts of the world and was one of the pioneer EFCC Cadet Officers in 2005.
Bawa holds a BSc degree in Economics and Masters in International Affairs and Diplomacy.
Before his appointment, Bawa was the Lagos zonal head of the anti-graft agency.
He will be taking over from Mohammed Umar, who has been in acting capacity since July 2020 after the suspension of Ibrahim Magu over allegations of corruption.
# New EFCC Chairman
Nigerian Job [Apply Now]
- Access Bank Entry Level Recruitment & Internship Job Vacancies (4 Positions)
- FBN General Insurance Graduate Trainee Massive Recruitment
- KDSG Teachers Recruitment of 10,000 Graduates : How to Apply, KDSG Jobs Login Portal, KDSG SUBEB News
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines