New EFCC Chairman, Abdulrasheed Bawa Ready to Resign If
Abdulrasheed Bawa, the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has said that if he is asked to go against the rule of law or his conscience, he would gladly resign.
His guiding principles, he said, would be the rule of law and the fear of God.
ALSO READ : BREAKING: Popular Nigerian Comedian Is Dead
Bawa was speaking on the Nigerian Television Authority’s (NTA) special interview programme “One-on-One” on Friday, March 26.
“Under my leadership, the Commission will continue to obey the rule of law,” the 40-year-old told anchor and ace broadcaster Cyril Stober.
“I will resign my appointment if someone asks me to do something that goes against my conscience or the rule of law.”
He emphasised that “in Nigeria, we need to change our attitudes.”
The EFCC chief described corruption as a roadblock to the country’s long-term development, emphasising the need for all hands on deck to combat the threat.
READ ALSO : Nigeria Qualifies For 2022 Africa Cup Of Nations
“We have a habit of idolising people who have wealth in society, but we never inquire about their source of income,” Bawa said. “We are involving all stakeholders in the battle against corruption, including religious leaders, community leaders, and others.”
He claimed that the EFCC will embark on a major public education campaign to educate people about the importance of avoiding corruption in all forms.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)