NECO GCE Registration Form : The National Examination Council (NECO) is now accepting applications for the November/December 2021 SSCE External Examination (for candidates not in the School system, i.e. Private Candidates). The NECO GCE Form is now available online – see below for the price, subjects, registration details, and other useful information you’ll need for a smooth registration.
The National Examination Council (NECO) has announced that the application form sales for the 2021 Senior School Certificate Examination for External Candidates have begun.
The Senior School Certificate Examination (external) is primarily for candidates who are not enrolled in a school.
NECO GCE Registration – General Information
- The Registration fee, once paid, is not refundable.The use of reputable cyber cafes is strongly advised, as the Council will not be held liable for candidate registration errors. (The NECO website has a list of suggested cyber cafes across the country where candidates can log on to register.) Internet Service Operators – or are physically on display at our State offices nationwide.)
- Before registering, candidates should carefully read the instructions on the online scratch card.
- Before registering, candidates should read the Regulations and Syllabuses.
Candidates should be aware that the image/photo that they uploaded during registration will be embossed on their certificates.
- In the examination hall, smoking, cell phones, and other electronic communication devices are prohibited.
Candidates must wear mufti, and no one with arms will be allowed into the examination hall.
- It is not possible to enter more than once. Candidates who register multiple times will have all of their results thrown out.
- Candidates who lose or damage their scratch cards before registering must purchase a new one.
- Please be aware that once an examination has begun, no candidate will be permitted to enter the room.
In the exam room, wearing a face mask is required.
- In the examination hall or classroom, social and physical distance will be strictly enforced/observed.
Each candidate should bring his or her own hand sanitizer to the examination hall or classroom.
- A candidate who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms during the examination will not be permitted to continue until he or she has been certified as medically fit.
NECO GCE Exam Centres:
Each state’s examination centres have been divided into Neighbourhoods. Candidates should choose a neighbourhood within the state in which they plan to take the exam. After submitting their registration information online, they will be assigned to a centre within the chosen neighbourhood.
Visually Impaired Candidates:
Visually impaired candidates are to register like everyone. However, they are to indicate the nature of their disability when making entry of their bio-data in the offline application during registration.
Available Subjects For NECO GCE Registration Form
The NECO SSCE External Exam has 29 subjects as follows:
- English Language
- Financial Accounting
- Agricultural Science
- Arabic Language
- Christian Religious Knowledge (CRK)
- Civic Education
- Further Mathematics
- Health Education
- Islamic Studies
- Literature in English
- Physical Education
- Store keeping
- Technical Drawing
Candidates should note that Nigerian Languages (Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba) include Literature components.
How to Register for NECO GCE Form
The registration period begins on 9th September 2021 and ends on 21st November 2021 at midnight.
How much is NECO GCE Form 2021
The NECO SSCE External Registration fee is Thirteen thousand three Hundred and Fifty (N13,350.00) Only.
Stamp Duty: N50.00.
All payments should be made into the NECO Treasury Single Account (TSA) SSCE (E) NECO portal.
NECO GCE Registration Form – Late Registration & Walk-In Registration:
- Late registration will attract payment of ADDITIONAL One Thousand Naira (N1,000) only.
- Walk-in registration will commence from 22nd November and will end on 21st December. The amount is Twenty Thousand Naira (#25,000.00) only per candidate. Registration must be done a day before the scheduled time of the first subject/paper intended to sit for.
NECO GCE Registration Form Mode of Payment:
Candidates or registration points (cyber cafes) are to Visit www.neco.gov.ng and create an account using either their emails or phone numbers, activate the accounts and pay into the NECOSA through five payment options.
- ATM Card
- Internet Banking
- Bank Branch
CANDIDATES ARE TO NOTE THAT SCRATCH CARDS ARE NO LONGER USED FOR ALL NECO TRANSACTIONS
NECO GCE Registration Form Registration:
The registration s both online and offline. Prospective candidates should visit the Council’s website neco.gov.ng SSCE External link to locate the nearest registration point (Cybercafe) and register at any time within the stipulated registration period. Candidates can also create an account, purchase a registration token and then proceed to the registration point to register.
- A passport size photograph is required for the registration. The candidate’s passport size photograph should NOT be more than SIX MONTHS old and must have a white background. System Camera can also be used to snap the passport size photograph at the point of registration, as the case may be.
- BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINTS WILL BE CAPTURED DURING THE OFFLINE REGISTRATION OF EACH CANDIDATE.
- CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE BIOMETRIC VERIFICATION DURING THE CONDUCT OF THE EXAMINATION.
- CANDIDATES FOUND TO HAVE MISMATCHED FINGERPRINTS AT THE POINT OF VERIFICATION ARE DEEMED IMPERSONATORS AND WOULD BE SANCTIONED ACCORDING TO EXTANT LAWS.
NECO GCE Registration Form Application Procedure:
- Create an Account: Create an account by visiting https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng/ and clicking the Register Here Link.
- Activate Your Account: An activation email will be sent to you. Follow the instructions contained in the email to activate your account. Sometimes the email might end up in your spam folder.
- Login: Visit ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng Use your registered email and password to log in
- Make Payment: Once logged in, you can make payment for SSCE external examination. your payment is successful, and you will be issued exam and/or four-figure table token(s)
- Locate a Registration Point: To register, you have to visit any approved cybercafes operators registration points. Visit https://operator.neco.gov.ng/ to help you locate one near you.
- Register Offline: Register by providing your information, including pictures, fingerprints and subjects you wish to sit for.
- Print Your Photocard: Provide your token to upload your data. Once the system verifies your token, you will be issued a photo card with your registration number and details.
NOTE: To upload candidates’ data to the NECO portal online and obtain examination numbers, a candidate must be registered and either has an online account or have it created for him/her by a cyber café Log in to the created account and purchase registration token (s) (scratch cards are no longer used for SSCE External registration).
NECO GCE Registration Form – SSCE External Registration Token
The Registration Token is used by candidates to register for the SSCE External Exam, either by themselves or through a Registration Point. Before a candidate can sit for the SSCE External Exam, they need to Purchase a Registration Token. A candidate can purchase his/her Registration Token from their accounts or go to the nearest Registration Point.
NECO GCE Attestation Photocards and Timetable
On completion of the registration process, each candidate must obtain the following from the Cyber Cafe.
- Timetable for the examination, and
- At least one (1) clear copy of the NECO Photocard, which would be used to admit the candidate into the Examination Hall. (Candidates should note that Passport size photographs on the Photo cards that are not clear will NOT be accepted in the Examination Hall)
The Referee’s Attestation section of the Photocard should be SIGNED AND STAMPED by any of the following:
- The Principal of a recognised Senior Secondary School
- An Ordained Clergyman or a Chief Imam.
- A Commissioned Officer of the Nigerian Armed Forces or the Police not below the rank of Captain
- A Senior Civil Servant not below GL. 14.
- A Legal Practitioner with not less than ten years experience.
CANDIDATES ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THEIR ATTESTATION PHOTO CARDS AT NECO STATE OFFICE FOR STAMPING.