NDLEA Recruitment : FG Suspends Recruitment due to Coronavirus
The Federal Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), halted the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency’s recruitment of 5,000 successful candidates.
In a statement by the Federal Attorney General and Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Justice, Dayo Apata (SAN), Malami claimed that while the recruitment was long overdue, the timing was poorly advised and inappropriate.
It said this was after the country’s second wave of COVID-19.
On Friday, a total of 5,000 candidates were directed by the Deputy Commander of Narcotics and Principal Staff Officer, Public Relations of the NDLEA, Jonah Achema, to appear at the Agency’s Academy, Citadel Counter-Narcotics Nigeria, Katton-Rikkos, Jos, Plateau State at 9 am daily for the screening and documentation exercise between 10 and 23 January 2021.
In the statement, however, Apata stated: “In view of the foregoing, the Attorney General of the Federation ordered the Federal Solicitor General and Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Justice, Dayo Apata (SAN), to seek clarification/advice from the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 on the implications of such an exercise for public health, in particular as it relates to adequacy/positions.”
NDLEA Chairman Colonel Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah (retd) was then asked to stay further on the recruitment exercise until clarification/advice from the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 was obtained.
Malami instructed the Chairman of the NDLEA to inform the applicants accordingly of the progress.
As Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of the NDLEA, the Federal Government removed Abdallah on Friday after completing his five-year term in office.
In a letter signed by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, dated 7 January 2021, Abdallah was directed to hand over to the Agency’s Secretary on or before 10 January 2021.
# NDLEA Recruitment : FG Suspends Recruitment
- 2021 Management Trainee Recruitment at 3P Solutions & Company
- Graduate Job Recruitment at Haventis Drugs Limited
- First Bank Nigeria 2021 Massive Recruitment
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria ( January )
- Nigeria Police Force, NPF Microfinance Bank Plc Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 (28 Positions)
- Franchise Governance Officer at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Transaction Trainees Needed in a Reputable Bank in Nigeria
- Jobs In Nigeria at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Akwa Ibom State Teachers Recruitment 2021 ( Massive Recruitment of 10, 000 Graduates )
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to [email protected]