The Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege has Debunked asking the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC to probe the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godswill Akpabio.
According to Senator Omo-Agege, a letter said to have emerged from the Clerk of the Senate, acting on his behalf and asking the Chairman of the anti-graft agency, Mr. Ibrahim Magu to investigate the Minister did not come from him.
ALSO READ : Abducted Delta Doctor Regains freedom
Omo-Agege described the document as fake, insisting that he never instructed the Clerk or any other person to contact the EFCC to investigate any individual.
This was contained in a press statement signed by Yomi Odunuga, Special Adviser, Media, and Publicity, to the Deputy President of the Senate.
The statement this reads:
“The attention of the Office of the Deputy President of the Senate has been drawn to a letter dated 7th May 2020, purportedly written by the Clerk of the Senate acting on behalf of the Office of Deputy President of the Senate requesting the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to investigate and monitor the Honourable Minister of Niger Delta Affairs and one other.
“This Office hereby states that the said letter is false, fake, malicious, mischievous, and vexatious.
“This Office never instructed the Clerk of the Senate, or in fact any person, to write to or contact the EFCC in relation to any person.
“In the light of the foregoing, we wish to urge the public to disregard the fake letter, same being the handiwork of a person or persons with criminal intents”.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer