The acting Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Kemebradikumo Pondei, collapsed due to the heavyweight of corruption, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said.
Recall that Professor Daniel Pondei slumped on Monday while answering questions from members of the House Committee on NDDC investigating the alleged mismanagement of N40 billion by the interim management committee of NDDC.
But in a statement on Monday by Kola Ologbondiyan, PDP spokesman, the party berated the All progressives Congress (APC) and President Muhammadu Buhari for the massive corruption going on the current administration.
The party said it was obvious that Pondei collapsed “under the weight and shame of overwhelming collective guilt brought on him by the exposure of massive corruption being perpetrated by NDDC officials and APC leaders”.
PAY ATTENTION TO : Friends mourn lady who got married on Saturday and died on Sunday in Delta (photos)
The statement read: “It is revealing that Pondei could go no further in the face of scathing revelations of direct pillaging of resources meant for the development and welfare of the Niger Delta people, in an unbridled corruption racket in which the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godswill Akpabio, also stands accused.
PAY ATTENTION TO : Lady Regrets after Discovering that the Guy she has been Ignoring since 2016 is #BBNaija’s Laycon
“It is rather curious that Prof. Pondei slumped after lawmakers demanded that he offers explanations on the contentious payment of billions of naira, alleged unbudgeted sums, to certain companies by the NDDC.
“This is particularly as Nigerians recall that the embattled NDDC boss had, last week, stalled proceedings by challenging the legislators and walking out on the House of Representatives investigative panel.
“The situation in the NDDC is just a tip of the iceberg on the humongous corruption, looting spree and concealment going on in ministries, department and agencies of government being perpetrated by APC leaders and their cronies.”
PDP urged the President to sack the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godswill Akpabio, and to also disband the NDDC interim management committee “if he indeed desires the coordinated probe he ordered to yield any credible results”.
The party urged Buhari to “note that the people of the Niger Delta region, who are being deprived of their welfare, are following the development with keen interest”.
“Moreover, the entire nation and indeed the global community are watching the handling of the NDDC as well as the EFCC fraud saga by the Muhammadu Buhari administration,” the party said.
“They are watching the unfolding drama, the rigmarole and veneers of concealment by corrupt officials and APC leaders.”
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august