BY : OMAJEMITE DON, WARRI
The Ijaw Nation has ordered for the arrest of those issuing threats to close down NDDC office, claiming they are IYC impostors and should be treated as criminals.
In a statement signed by the president of Ijaw Youth Council, IYC worldwide, Pereotubo Roland Oweilaemi, Esq., Urged Federal Government and security agencies to treat such people as criminals anytime they come close to NDDC office because they have no business there.
He said, “there is no cause for alarm over the threats to close down NDDC Office. FG should not listen to the ranting of those noisemakers masquerading as a factional IYC. In the first place, IYC has no faction. Whoever is parading himself, as the President of the Council is an impostor. As far as the Ijaw nation is concerned, I am the only President of the Council.
As for the threat to shut down the Commission by those sponsored agent provocateurs, IYC wishes to reiterate our earlier stand that the threat did not emanate from IYC national either any of its organs.
“We warn these jobbers not to hide under the popularity of the Council to propagate their political business.
On the interim board, IYC cannot blame the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, His Excellency, Chief Godswill Apkabio since the Presidency has said it was President Buhari that used his prerogative power to constitute the interim board. Garba Shehu has told the world through Channels TV Sunday Politics that it was Mr President that ordered the appointment of the interim board. Why should we be blaming the innocent man?.
“The Presidency has also made it clear that the interim board will midwife the period the forensic audit is to be carried out. Those holding grudges against the process should channel their questions to President who is doing everything possible to sanitize the hitherto corrupt NDDC.
President in his wisdom decides that an interim board should be constituted pending the substantive board is inaugurated for the purpose of facilitating the forensic audit. We see nothing wrong in that decision. Political opportunists should allow the Government to do what is right for our common good.
He added, “Where were these IYC impostors when Delta Ijaws had denied of the NDDC Board appointments?
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers