The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is the federal government company with the mandate to coordinate the surveillance, detection and response to infectious illness outbreaks. Over the final three years, NCDC has deployed a brand new software for illness surveillance. The Surveillance, Outbreak Response Management and Analysis System (SORMAS) is a system collectively developed between the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) to enhance illness surveillance in addition to detection and administration of outbreaks and thus strengthen the general public well being service in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Surveillance Support Officer
Locations: Anambra, Akwa-Ibom, Kebbi, Borno, Osun, Enugu, Niger, Kwara, Benue, Gombe, Yobe, Adamawa, Jigawa, Ekiti, Kogi, Ogun, Cross River, Imo and Abia
Start Date: April 20, 2020
End Date: October 19, 2020
Employment kind: Full time
Slot: 19 Openings
- Support the implementation of SORMAS within the state
- Support the state epidemiologist in growing and implementing outbreak preparedness and response actions
- Support the state epidemiologist in strengthening coordination between surveillance and laboratory groups
- Provide technical management to the State surveillance crew on the usage of surveillance knowledge for knowledge pushed decision making
- Provide mentoring, help and supervision to LGA DSNOs and asst. DSNOs on knowledge assortment and knowledge entry utilizing the SORMAS software
- Work with state epidemiologist, state DSNO and others as indicated to analyse collected surveillance knowledge and supply suggestions
- Support the suitable use of the SORMAS instruments and troubleshoot issues
- Coordinate illness surveillance mission analysis actions on the state
- Support the actions of the state public well being EOC
- Liaise with the NCDC Surveillance Department to supply common suggestions
- Undertake every other duties assigned by the NCDC Director of Surveillance
- At least 6 years’ expertise with the Nigeria’s surveillance system or Monitoring and Evaluation or Field analysis
- First degree in Human Medicine, Veterinary drugs, Public Health or any Health or Biological Science associated self-discipline.
- Master’s degree (preferable in public well being)
- FELTP coaching can be an added benefit.
- Experience working with SORMAS software or every other surveillance software.
- Must be domiciled within the state of task.
- Experience in managing surveillance knowledge at LGA or state degree.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft workplace suite and Epi data or SPSS.
- Strong knowledge assortment, evaluation, and report writing expertise required.
- Ability to work independently, assume analytically and take initiative in fixing issues.
- Ability to speak technical points successfully.
- Good verbal communication expertise within the native language of the state of task and dealing information of English.
- A powerful crew participant with wonderful interpersonal expertise and the power to work with teams of various backgrounds.
Application Closing Date
COB 17th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should send their Resume and a Cover Letter addressing the job necessities as per the commercial by e mail to: [email protected] utilizing the Job Title and the popular state as the topic of the mail e.g. e.g. ‘’Surveillance Support Officer- Anambra State’’.
Note: Only profitable candidates can be contacted and could also be assigned to any state of the federation.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]