The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control says it committed an error in announcing confirmed cases of coronavirus in the country.
It said that the total number of cases in Nigeria as of 10:30 pm on Friday was 209 and not the 210 that was earlier reported.
With the correction, the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Osun is now 20 while Oyo now has nine, The PUNCH reports.
Lagos State has the highest number of infections with 109 cases, followed by the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja which has 41 cases.
The NCDC subsequently apologised for the error via its Twitter handle on Saturday.
It said, “On 3rd of April 2020, we reported 26 new cases of #COVID19 in Nigeria. An error has been discovered in this report as follows:
“There were 25 new cases of #COVID19 in Nigeria. The 26th case was a repeat result of a previously confirmed case and not a new case.
“Of the 25 new cases reported, 1 case was inadvertently reported from Osun state. This case was from Oyo State.
“The correct breakdown is as follows: Lagos- 11, Osun- six, FCT- three, Edo- three, Ondo- one, Oyo- one.
“As at 10:30 pm 3rd April, there are 209 confirmed cases, 25 discharged and four deaths.
“For a breakdown of cases by states, Lagos has 109 cases, FCT- 41, Osun- 20, Oyo- nine, Akwa Ibom- five, Ogun- four, Edo- seven, Kaduna- four, Bauchi- three, Enugu- two, Ekiti- two, Rivers-one, Benue- one, and Ondo- one.
“We regret the error in our announcement of new #COVID19 cases in Nigeria yesterday (Friday).
“The NCDC remains committed to ensuring transparency and accurate reporting of infectious disease cases in Nigeria.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State