National Grid Collapses in Nigeria
The Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) has reported the power grid’s system failure on Wednesday.
However, it reported that attempts to rebuild the grid that had collapsed were already underway.
Consumers were concerned about the expansion, as many were already complaining about the already erratic power supply in various parts of the Nation.
However, TCN’s General Manager, Public Affairs, Ndidi Mbah, said in a statement that the company’s management began recovery efforts as soon as it became aware of the collapse.
The collapse occurred about 11 a.m. on Wednesday, according to the study.
Mbah also revealed in the statement that an investigation into what caused the collapse had already begun.
“The Transmission Company of Nigeria hereby declares that the grid experienced a complete system failure at 11:01 a.m. today, May 12th, 2021, as a result of voltage collapse in certain areas of the grid.
“At 11:29 a.m., TCN began grid recovery from Shiroro Generating Station to Katampe TS, Abuja, via the Shiroro Katampe line, as well as via Delta.
From the Osogbo Generating Station to the Benin Transmission Substation, the power has reached parts of Lagos and Osogbo.
“As the grid and power are progressively restored to other parts of the world, the cause of the voltage collapse that caused this failure is being investigated as well.
The statement said, “TCN appeals for patience as it works diligently to ensure complete restoration of the grid and, as a result, power supply to the remaining sections of the world.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates