United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in a few of the world’s hardest locations, to achieve the world’s most deprived youngsters. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To assist them fulfill their potential. Across 190 nations and territories, we work for each little one, in every single place, day by day, to construct a greater world for everybody.
We are recruiting to fill the place of:
Job Title: National Consultant for Analysis of the Impact of Conflict on Women and Children in North West Nigeria
Reference No.: 540744
Contract Type: Consultancy
Categories: Emergency Programme
Purpose of Activity / Assignment
- The goal of the research is to conduct an in-depth research on the impression of the rise in violence on the socio-economic state of affairs of rural and concrete populations, significantly girls and youngsters, of north-west Nigeria (Katsina, Sokoto and Zamfara States).
- The evaluation will present UNICEF with an understanding of the impression the rising violence has on populations and information on strategic route for UNICEF Nigeria to successfully mitigate these results.
The Overall Purpose of the Impact Assessment is 2 fold:
- To set up proof base on the socio-economic impression of the disaster on weak populations, particularly girls and youngsters, their livelihoods, coping mechanisms, entry to primary companies and bodily security.
- Generate a strategic battle delicate framework based mostly on the findings and suggestions to tell threat knowledgeable programme growth.
Scope of Work
- Nigeria’s north-western states have been characterised by power below growth, that has resulted in the area having a few of the worst human-development indicators and developments in the nation. In the final three to 4 years, the area has skilled a multi-faceted, complicated disaster sophisticated by the results of local weather change and worsening violence in three worst affected states of Zamfara, Katsina and Sokoto.
- The crises have been characterised by battle between farmers and herders, rising crime and infiltration by non-state armed teams and the ongoing violence has resulted in vital inhabitants displacements of various patterns – starting from short-term and non permanent to repeated and protracted displacements. Internally displaced individuals on this area typically stay with host group households as there are only a few formal or casual IDP camps.
- Without a proper reporting mechanism, giant numbers of incidents go unreported thus the scope and magnitude of the disaster is essentially unknown. Government authorities are measured of their recognition of the humanitarian disaster and response has been primarily heightened army operations.
- In addition, the COVID-19 pandemic and the related state mitigation measures have restricted entry and motion of displaced households additional impacting their livelihoods and skill to complement their family earnings.
- The financial downturn resulting from COVID-19 is a significant situation throughout Nigeria – worst recession in 4 a long time (3.2% contraction), the collapse of oil costs, double-digit inflation, job losses resulting from COVID-19 and insecurity. Women and youngsters have borne the brunt of this disaster as their vulnerability has elevated resulting from restricted entry to primary companies and ongoing displacement.
UNICEF Nigeria is searching for to be proactive in anticipating the impacts of the continued violence inside the complicated disaster and foresees impacts in the main domains as listed beneath:
- Impact on meals programs (meals manufacturing and provide chains) and markets: Markets and provide chains are anticipated to be disrupted (processors, transporters, merchants). Aspects to analyse could be; bodily entry to markets, economical entry resulting from excessive costs and low incomes, imports/exports with Niger, improve of provide price, lower in diversification, lack of primary inputs, lower of patrons for harvest, excessive worth of perishable crops).
- The consultancy work will probably be centered on; in-depth examination of the impression of the improve in violence, impression on group’s social cloth in the three worst battle affected states of Zamfara, Katsina and Sokoto states.
- Current migration and displacement: Any restriction of actions, influxes of populations and/or migration out of the north-west resulting from insecurity or lack of alternatives.
- Social tensions and battle: outline the attribute of the varied armed teams, unpredictable instability, communal rigidity, battle over pure sources, recruitment into armed organizations and impression on social cloth
- Child Protection Issues: presence of youngsters in armed teams, recruitment ways and implications, and the corresponding social/ group programs out there for reintegration of those youngsters. Impact/correlation of faculty closures,
- Deepening of present vulnerabilities: doable rise of gender-based violence, exploitation of ladies and youth, entry to primary companies (Health, WASH, Education) and bodily labour, augmentation of present unfavourable coping mechanisms, little one labour/affiliation with armed teams, removing of youngsters from faculty
- Economic Security of weak households (city/rural/IDP): excessive dependency on remittances, discount of informal labour, petty merchants, urgency in loans funds, new adoption of unfavourable coping mechanisms, impression of the dependence in agriculture and disruptions on entry to land and livestock.
The scope of the proposed consultancy consists of the following duties:
- Collect, describe, and analyse, the socio-economic info out there in Zamfara, Katsina and Sokoto in Northwest Nigeria and the area previous to the rise in violence (secondary information evaluation)
- Carry out a direct and secondary results’ evaluation (major information) by together with interviews with key informants, conferences and focus teams with affected populations, contact with armed teams the place doable, surveys and brainstorming and dealing days with the UNICEF workers / companion workers to higher perceive the adjustments provoked already by the battle
- Provide an evaluation on the impression of the rise in violence on girls and youngsters with suggestions on battle delicate response choices to mitigate the impression of the battle
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Formal Education in Economics, Statistics, International Development, or different related research.
Knowledge / Expertise / Skills required:
- Over 10 years’ expertise of conducting battle evaluation and/or analysis on the impression of battle.
- Sound information of growth idea and/or expertise of challenge administration for an NGO or UN company in delivering growth tasks.
- Demonstrated expertise in conducting comparable analysis and design actions in socio-economic analysis or analysis of applications and politics domains
- Previous experiences of practising participatory strategies for conducting analysis and planning.
- Experience and information of markets evaluation, worth chain analyse and meals programs
- Considerable skilled expertise of working in Nigeria at the group, village and district ranges, with a transparent understanding of conventional types of social organisation and programs of native governance, in addition to official programs of native administration; – Experience of working in North West Nigeria most popular
- High degree of competence in the English language, significantly in writing and dealing information of Hausa will probably be most popular
- Strong communication abilities, with the skill to speak detailed ideas clearly and concisely each in writing and verbally.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline eighth June, 2021.
- UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- UNICEF is dedicated to variety and inclusion inside its workforce, and encourages all candidates, regardless of gender, nationality, spiritual and ethnic backgrounds, together with individuals dwelling with disabilities, to apply to change into part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance coverage on conduct that’s incompatible with the goals and targets of the United Nations and UNICEF, together with sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF additionally adheres to strict little one safeguarding ideas. All chosen candidates will probably be anticipated to stick to those requirements and ideas and can due to this fact bear rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will embody the verification of educational credential(s) and employment historical past. Selected candidates could also be required to supply extra info to conduct a background verify.
- Only shortlisted candidates will probably be contacted and advance to the subsequent stage of the choice course of.
- Individuals engaged below a consultancy or particular person contract won’t be thought of “staff members” below the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s insurance policies and procedures, and won’t be entitled to advantages offered therein (similar to go away entitlements and medical insurance coverage protection).
- Their situations of service will probably be ruled by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and particular person contractors are answerable for figuring out their tax liabilities and for the cost of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with native or different relevant legal guidelines.
Some of the Top Questions people used to seek out this Job Vacancies are kindly acknowledged down. See the queries beneath:
Latest Jobs Vacancies in Nigeria Today, CURRENT NGO JOBS IN NIGERIA for Graduates √ Ngo Jobs Hiring Now , NGOs that Pay Well in Nigeria, Hotnigerianjobs, Jobzilla Nigeria, Myjobmag Nigeria, Naija Hot Jobs Vacancies, Jobs in Nigeria , Hot Nigerian Jobs – in Nigeria.
Nigerian Job [Apply Now]
- Access Bank Entry Level Recruitment & Internship Job Vacancies (4 Positions)
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- FBN General Insurance Graduate Trainee Massive Recruitment
- KDSG Teachers Recruitment of 10,000 Graduates : How to Apply, KDSG Jobs Login Portal, KDSG SUBEB News