After the release of the names of governorship candidates in Imo State by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Friday, it was observed that the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate was not represented on the list even though that of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Emeka Ihedioha, former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, and others were spotted.
INEC published the names of 67 governorship candidates along with their running mates at its office in Owerri, the state capital. This also includes their credentials and personal details.
A source informed our correspondent that the court stopped the Commission from recognising either Uche Nwosu or Hope Uzodinma, as they were both battling within the party over who should become its candidate. Uzodinma was proclaimed the winner of the October 1, which allegedly did not hold, while Nwosu was declared the winner of the October 6 APC governorship primary.
Some of the other names on the list are Linus Okorie of the Young Progressives Party (YPA), Alloysius Osuji of Mass Action Joint Alliance MAJA) and Micheal Ikoku of the Young Democratic Party (YDP).
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021