NAFDAC has exposed Sadiya Umar Farouq for always misleading Nigerians with false information.
Director-General, National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) Prof. Mojisola Adeyeye, says the agency does not know the status of the controversial 1,800 bags of rice sent to Oyo State.
The consignment was delivered to the State by the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) on the orders of the Federal Government.
However, the Oyo government returned the rice after discovering that it was weevils-infested.
Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Sadiya Umar Farouq, had claimed that the rice distributed to States was inspected and certified fit for human consumption by NAFDAC.
But Adeyeye stated that NAFDAC was not invited to take samples and conduct a consumption fitness test.
She clarified a TVC program, Journalists’ Hangout.
In her explanation, Adeyeye explained that only the consignments to Lagos and Ogun States were tested by NAFDAC and certified fit for consumption.
“The one for Oyo State, I cannot say anything because NAFDAC was not called by the Ibadan or South-West Command of the (Nigeria) Customs, to test samples in Ibadan. I cannot speak about the Ibadan command rice that went to Oyo and possibly to Osun.
“I don’t know why NAFDAC was not called to take samples from the Oyo State Command to test. We were not invited to come and take samples, and we cannot do that.
“The ones that we tested (in Lagos and Ogun) were good enough, and the rest of the samples are still in the lab in Oshodi,” she said
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State