The Joint Forces for the Defence for Democracy (JOFDES) have rejected the move by the Edo State government to borrow Twenty Billion Naira from the stock market exchange.
According to the leaders of the group, Felix Osewmengie Isere, Esq and Marxist Kola Edokpayi during a protest rally in Benin city, the state government has no justification to acquire another 20 Billion Naira loan that will become a lasting yoke on the good people of the state.
”Just a few weeks to the state governorship election, the governor is making a desperate attempt to secure another loan from the stock market exchange.
”The most shocking part of it is that Mr. Obaseki is considering these loans when Edo State currently services the 150 million dollars credit obtained from the World Bank.
”Edo State domestic debt profile stands at 84.76 Billion Naira. We have the highest domestic debt in Nigeria, second only to Lagos State. We have the highest external debt in the entire South-South with an external debt of 257.92 million dollar as at March 2020,” he said.
The protesters carried placards with various inscription: ”We reject the N20b loan proposal by Edo state government. “Don’t sell the future of Edo State today because of Political interest; ”Edo State is already one of the states with highest debt profile in Nigeria; 20b loan is a conduit pipe for diversion of funds.”
Members of JOFDES, however, called on President Buhari, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Hon Minister of state for Budget and National planning, Director General Debt Management Office (DMO) Abuja, the chairman Senate and House committee on local and foreign debts, the governor of Central Bank of Nigeria and other authorities to do everything within their powers to stop this loan from being approved for the governor of Edo State.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]