The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, have stated that Ahmed Idris, a former Accountant General of the Federation, is scheduled to go on trial this Friday for an alleged N109 billion fraud.
Idris and three other defendants, Godfrey Olusegun Akindele, Mohammed Kudu Usman, and Gezawa Commodity Market and Exchange Limited, are anticipated to be charged with 14 charges.
According to a statement from the head of media and publicity, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, Justice A.O. Adeyemi Ajayi of the Federal Capital Territory High Court in Abuja would preside over the suspects’ trials.
He will be docked with three others, including Godfrey Olusegun Akindele, Mohammed Kudu Usman, and Gezawa Commodity Market and Exchange Limited, on a 14-count charge of theft and criminal breach of trust involving N109, 485,572,691.9, according to the announcement.
Count one of the charge reads: That you, Ahmed Idris between February and December, 2021 at Abuja in the Abuja Judicial Division of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, being a public servant by virtue of your position as the Accountant General of the Federation accepted from Olusegun Akindele, a gratification in the aggregate sum of N15,136,221,921.46 which sum was converted to the United States dollars by the said Olusegun Akindele and which sum did not form part of your lawful remuneration but as a motive for accelerating the payment of 13% derivation to the nine (9) oil producing Sates in the Federation, through the office of the Accountant-General of the Federation.
You did this in violation of Section 155 of the Penal Code Act, which is punishable under that section of the Penal Code Act (Cap 532 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990).
Recommended Naija News
- Kuje Prison Attack: Heads will roll as Buhari receives report indicting officials – FG
- Court okays sacking of official who tampered with INEC database
- JAMB cut off mark for 2022 admission Emerges
- Dana Air suspension: FG grounds Dana Air days after Aero Contractors’ crisis
Count eight Reads “That you, Ahmed Idris while serving as the Accountant General of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Godfrey Olusegun Akindele while serving as the Technical Assistant to the Accountant General of the Federal Republic between February and November 2021 at Abuja in the Abuja Judicial Division of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, in such capacity, entrusted with certain property, to wit: N84,390 billion, committed criminal breach of trust in respect of the said property, ”
That is the latest Naija News today on on Ahmed Idris, Former Accountant General of the federation
Nigerian Job [Apply Now]
- FBN General Insurance Graduate Trainee Massive Recruitment
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- KDSG Teachers Recruitment of 10,000 Graduates : How to Apply, KDSG Jobs Login Portal, KDSG SUBEB News
- Access Bank Entry Level Recruitment & Internship Job Vacancies (4 Positions)