The Federal Government has stated that it intends to increase the N-Power programme from 500,000 to one million beneficiaries.
This was stated in a statement released by President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday in Abuja to commemorate the 2021 Workers’ Day celebration.
COVID-19, Social and Economic Crises: Challenges for Decent Work, Social Security, and Peoples Welfare” is the theme for Workers’ Day in 2021.
The extension of the N-Power programme, according to Buhari, would ensure job creation and poverty alleviation through programmes such as Safety Net Programs, which will help mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
READ ALSO : Career Opportunities at the African Union
”We have also placed in place certain socio-economic measures, including Conditional Cash Transfer for the vulnerable poor, which has increased from 2.6 million to 7.6 million households (13 million people) (about 32 million persons).
”COVID-19 Rapid Response Register (RRR) for the Urban Poor, which now has 4.8 million households (20 million people), including urban poor and working-class people.
”We also have the Artisan Support Fund, Payroll Support Fund for small companies, and Business Formalisation, which is aimed at supporting micro, small, and medium enterprises by allowing new businesses to register for free with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
He added, “There is also a Guaranteed Off-take Stimulus Scheme for Small Medium Enterprises for manufacturers of hygienic goods and packaged food to promote entrepreneurship and industries.”
He did, however, mention that the National Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) for young entrepreneurs has a three-year budget of N75 billion, all of which is aimed at assisting the labour force.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff